Chapter 12

//Brace yourself//

I'd dropped Josie off with her mom. When I had her she brought up me getting a girlfriend again. I brushed it off. I was ready to start dating, but had no idea how to meet someone. There was the online option, but I barely knew how to use the internet. I also wasn't into putting all of my information out there for people. I didn't trust the internet.

Cara and Kendall were having a date night, so I wasn't going to hang out over there. I didn't make a lot of time for too many other people. I had my daughter and my job. That was all I needed. I went back home to check on Dimples and decided to go out to a bar. I usually had luck meeting someone. I wasn't sure if I wanted a girlfriend I met at a bar though.

While I took my shower I mentally planned my outfit. I had a pair of dark jeans I was going to wear along with a thin V-neck sweater. I was even going to put away my tennis shoes and wear a pair of dress shoes. After my shower I took some time getting ready. The five o'clock shadow I normally had was shaved off and I even put on some cologne.

When I was ready I gave Dimples a treat since I was going to be leaving her for a while. I felt bad leaving her all alone. I slipped my keys into my pocket and walked out. My truck was in the driveway still. I didn't know which bar I was going to but there was a nice high class place a few miles from the house called Sampson's that would work.

I walked in and the smell of desperation was almost tangible. I hated bar for that very reason. It annoyed me, but obviously not enough to turn and walk out. I weaved through the small sea of patrons that were mingling. I tried to avoid eye contact with anyone. I wanted to get a few drinks into me before I started talking to anyone. I took a seat at the bar, ordering a Long Island ice tea. It would get me going faster. I had to work in the morning so I didn't plan on being out all night.

I was just paying for my drink when I felt a tap on my shoulder. Color me shocked when I turned around to see Aude standing there.

"Hey, what are you doing here?" I asked. I liked Aude just fine when she wasn't being a complete twat to Taylor.

"Sampling the delicious peach Sangria," she answered, holding up her glass. "You?"

"Just dropped off Jo with her mom and I needed to get out of the house," I replied. I nodded at the empty stool next to me. "Have a seat."

There was a rumor Aude liked me. I didn't believe it though.

Aude claimed the stool beside mine and sipped her drink through the black cocktail straw in her glass.

I finally looked around the bar. There were quite a few good looking girls. There were at least six I would happily take home.

"Can't have that. How about a shot?" Aude offered. "Everyone has been telling me I have to try Fireball."

"It's good," I said. Cara and I had killed a bottle a few weeks prior. I raised my hand to call the bartender over to order two shots of Fireball. "Cara fell into her pool the last time I had it."

"Uh oh," she laughed. She leaned closer and said, "I should warn you that whiskey makes me frisky."

"Uh... then maybe we shouldn't be drinking Fireball." She knew about my no fucking around with employees. Aude was a pretty girl but even if I didn't have the rule I wouldn't sleep with her.

"I can control myself," Aude winked.

"Good. I'd hate to have to fire you for coming onto me," I joked. Although, it wasn't actually a joke. Jourdan fucked me up.

"Would you really fire someone for that?"

"I don't know," I said. "I like to keep a fairly professional workplace and all professionalism seems to disappear when sex is involved."