Chapter 9: Confrontation

Stomp.

Stomp.

Stomp.

Stomp.

Stomp.

A man with light brown hair tainted with highlights on its ends walked straight through the building painted in white and blue. The building was enormous, and wires were atop its walls which can be seen outside. The sign in front of the building read:

POLICE STATION

The man was furious— his eyebrows met, he had an obvious frown up his face, and the way he walked was rough. Although he seemed to be in a bad shape, he still remained calm and composed. Entering the building, he went up the front desk which was right in front of the entrance. With a serious tone, he asked the man in front of him.

"Excuse me officer; is this where Matsumoto-san is on hold?"

"First cell on the right." The man with the uniform answered. " What's your name, if I may ask? And what is your relationship with him?"

"Uke Yutaka." The man replied. "He's the father of my dear friend." With those words, he went out of the other man's sight.

He was in a hurry now, when he found out that who he was looking for is in the building. When he arrived at the first cell, he immediately looked at the man behind bars. It was Matsumoto-san.

His eyes were strong as the man behind the bars stared at him in return. His emotions were a mess and a part of his heart wanted to drown in hatred. Facing each other, the mahogany-haired man spoke.

"Why?" he stared at the old man in front of him who was also alone in his cell. "Why???" The word was very powerful.

"I did not mean anything! I DID NOT MEAN IT!!!"

"But you had your gun faced at them, didn't you?! You had the intention to kill. Is that how much you hate your son? What has he ever done to you?!"

"You don't understand anything!!!" The old man stood up from sitting on the bed. "I worked my ass off my entire life. And my son betrays me by leaving the house just to form a band??? NONSENSE!"

"Hate him all you want. Get mad at him all you want. As if I can do something about your hatred. But never— NEVER hurt him."

"Tell me! Who are you to be saying this to me?! You're nothing but his band mate!"

"I'm the one who stood for him when his entire family couldn't even accept him." He was stern. "Shame on you."

"I apologize in his stead." A man wearing a suit stood was at the back as he entered the conversation. He looked at the mahogany-haired man and gave a bow. " You must be Kai-san, right? I knew I would see you here."

Kai looked at the man behind him and studied his features well. He knew him.

"It's been a while, hasn't it?"

It was Ruki's elder brother.

"Father, it's not Taka who needs to compensate for anything. He has been living his life in hell whenever he's with you. Your dreams aren't his. I've been on your side all these years... to at least fill in the loneliness you feel whenever you remember Taka. I was with you. But this time, I'll have to leave. For good. I know you need me— but Taka needs me more." The man frowned. "I'll make sure you'll stay behind bars. Goodbye for now."