Chapter 6: Compensation

The early rays of the beautiful yellow star beamed inside the window of the room. It shed light, radiant hues of yellows and whites and lit up the gloomy chamber where Ruki and Reita slept. the clock struck five in the morning, and the coolness of the room started to fade after the thermostat hit an hour limit of 10 hours after the air conditioner was turned on.

The blonde was still asleep, tucked in the covers of white as he drowned in the mysterious act of slumber. His eyes were tired from stress, and his mouth was still pale after what happened the night before.

On the other hand, Reita was disturbed by a vibrating sensation beside him which was near the desk. Because of this, his eyes awoke, and started blinking from tiredness. His hands moved by itself from instinct, and started looking for where the vibrating sensation was coming from. Reaching to his left, a phone still kept on vibrating. To stop it, he immediately took it within his reach and checked the screen on who was calling.

Unfortunately, what he saw wasn't a name, but pure numbers.

Without further questioning, he swiped left and answered it.

"Hello?" He asked while still resting his head on the pillow. The man was still half asleep. "Who is this?"

"Takanori?" The caller replied.

Reita knew that voice somewhere, somehow. It had been a very long time since he heard it again, but he remembered very, very, well.

"Matsumoto-san. Your son is still asleep. Please do call again—"

"Akira?" The caller was surprised. "It's you, isn't it? Why are you at Taka's place so early in the morning?!"

"Don't get me wrong. Your son hurt himself yesterday to ease out the pain. Our band leader called me to go to his place for him to calm down. You do know that he has a weak heart, don't you?"

"Listen to me." His voice sounded serious. "Since you're already there, I would want you to go instead of Taka. I doubt he would go in his condition."

Reita was already cringing after hearing this. He never cared for his, did he? He thought to himself.

"Message the address. Give me 30 minutes to prepare."

End of Phonecall.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6:00 in the morning.

It was a short drive from the blondes house. Reita had already bad vibes going around his head. It was all a mess since he received such a call. Nonetheless, he was ready to face a huge part of Ruki's past— his own flesh and blood.

After all, everything is and will always be for Ruki— no one else.

Getting down from his ride, he was astonished to witness the improved household of his friend. The lot had a span of five hectares, and the gate was enormous as it stood in all its glory.

"It has been years." Reita thought to himself. "As expected from the Matsumotos."

There was a guard house beside the gate, and the keeper looked down from above.