Chapter 1: Who Are You?

"Who is really waiting for you?"

"Do you think someone is? Do you think you're worth anything?"

"Of course not"

You are a worthless fool

And a black sheep of this household.

You

Will

Never

Be

Successful.

Now go, where we won't ever see you.

We never needed a fool like you in the first place.

A cold sweat broke out of his beautiful, pale white skin as his eyes awoke from a haunting slumber he went through. The man had platinum blonde hair, his eyes being a hazel brown, his skin being a fair white and his tattoos being visible as the covers were only half tucked over his bare upper torso.

His breathing was harsh, and his heartbeat began to pump twice as fast. He rested his arm on his forehead as he sighed. Staring at the alarm clock positioned beside the bed on the desk, he was surprised.

"I woke up earlier than my alarm?" He asked himself. "That's really unusual..."

The man then closed his eyes again, hoping to fall right back to sleep— seeing that it was too early for him to be awake. The bright red light of the digital clock stood as is and he knew it was not fooling around with his senses.

5:30 a.m.

It was indeed too early, he thought.

Just when he was about to tuck beneath the covers completely, he noticed something soft beside him.

It wasn't skin— it was, in fact, fur.

Knowing just what was beside him, he slowly gave a tired smile as he reached out to his left.

He caressed the puppy's black and mahogany coat and smiled to his delight. He was tucking near the blonde, with his head touching the man's bear chest.

"Neh, Koron, just when did you climb over?" he chuckled. "You're too sly." He smiled. "Come closer."

After saying those sweet words, he held the little Chihuahua and gave it a gentle embrace with his left arm— holding it near him.

"That dream, those voices... they have been repeating over and over for the past days. I just hope that they go away." He said to himself as he reached out again for his phone near the puppy.

"Just let me get this, neh? I hope I'm not disturbing you." He said as his arm went pass the puppy just when he got his phone. He slid left, and was surprised to receive a message so early in the morning.

It was from his secretary. It read:

Good morning, Ruki-san

I was supposed to inform you last night, but it seemed that it would be better after you have rested. After you left the studio last night, I received a letter from an unknown man. He did not want to be recognized by me, and the letter did not have any name on the outer envelope. I will be coming over at your place at 8 a.m. to personally give you the note, as it seems to be of great value. Please do contact me as soon as you read this, thank you.

After scrolling on the last text, the man sighed again.

"Who could it be and why would it not have any name on it?" He did not want to take it too seriously. "Well, might as well call her, right? I know she wakes up early, anyway..."

Ruki held the phone, dialed a certain number, and had it near his ear.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

Ring.

After a quick reflex on the other side of the screen, she picked up.

"Ah! Ruki-san!" A voice broke from the phone. "I see you have—"

"Kio, do you have the letter right now?" It seemed that he was getting desperate.

"I do, I do. Wait a minute, I'll—"

"Get it immediately and tell me where it is from."

"Don't you want it to be opened by yourself?"

"No. Just hurry up and rip it." He said as he lay his head on the pillow after sitting upright.

He could hear the woman ripping the envelope from his ongoing phone call.

Just half a minute had passed when she went back on call.

"Ruki-san..." she called out. "It says it's from a family member..." her voice sounded weak.

"Excuse me???" Ruki bolted awake.

"Yes. Please do read this for yourself... I'll just hand it over when you'll reach the studio at 10."

END OF CALL.

It was him who ended it as he closed his eyes again.

Family.

Such a foreign word that brought horrific memories— most, he did not want to remember.

He was still tired, and hearing that, he wanted to sleep some more.

So, he tucked in, holding Koron near him as he went back into a deep slumber.