leaving and interesting discoveries

The day goes as usual and I find myself walking up the path to my house. I open the door and almost turn and walk right out. What I find is my parents arguing. No surprise but my dad has a suitcase in his hands I step in and close the doors quietly as not to make them aware I was home.

"What are you doing Dan? You're making a mistake that will break us." my mom screaming.

"Break us? You've broken us already and I can't stay here while you go keeping these secrets from our family " Dad replies hotly.

"Don't say this Dan, don't do this. Think of the kids." my moms sobbing.

" I am thinking of the kids and this is what's gonna happen." He turns on his heel and goes through the garage door. I go out on the porch in time to see Dad go down the driveway. I try and catch his eye and when he sees me, he gives me a sad smile, a wave. He gets out of the car , and I run to him. He doesn't say anything but gives me a hug and releases. I try to say something but he's in the car and next thing I know around the corner of the street.

I head in the house crying and shaking. I run to my room shut the door and lie in my bed thinking what happened.

Not long after that mom notices im up in my room so she comes and perches herself  on my bed.

"Why?" I choke out.

"He'll come back."

"That's not answering my question."

"Don't worry honey. Give him 2 hours." I turn from her.

"Listen Clarence it wasn't you.-"

"Its never the kids? that's what they all say!" I get up and go out the front the door.

I don't know where im walking to just needed to get out of that house. Sooner or later im at the park sitting on a bench.

Im crying when I see a shadow come behind me. Most of you would be thinking its Connor but nope my knight isn't the one hovering behind me. No instead its Cruella De vil.

"Whatcha doing?" Viviann asks . She comes around and sits beside me.

"Can't you see im want to be alone?" I say a little too mean. Viviann flinches.

"Look I've-"

"I know." she interrupts.

"What do you mean you know all my problems?" I ask wiping my eyes.

"Cause my mom left this morning." she leaves it to let it sink in. Nononono that could only mean...

" You're dad and my mom?" I ask incredulous.

"Yup . But you think its an affair right?"

"Of course what else could it be?" I say.

She gives me a hard stare.

"We're sisters dumbo." I stare and my mouth is about to fall .

"Wow this is just"

"Why do you think I wanted to sit with you at lunch?"

"I thought this was one of your ways to you know gossip."

"I'm over  being mean especially after this." We sit in silence until she says,

"So my dad is gonna meet up with your mom- I mean mom to you know discuss."

I feel so sad that the dad I always admired and helped me all these years wasn't my father. No wonder he left, how could he keep this secret for this long? I would leave too if I was him too.

"Well hanks Viviann."

"Call me Viv."

"Ok thanks Viv." we smile at each other.

"Gotta go, so see you tomorrow?" Viv asks.

"Yup." she gives me a hug and we part.