Best first impression

I headed into the halls and was instantly crushed. There were so many people. Next thing I know I'm flying into a locker that was left open. I know you're probably wondering how? Well lets just say im not the biggest in my grade.

"Anyone wanna help!?", I cry.

" Here."

I feel hands on my waist struggling to pull me out. The guy- I can simply tell- is tugging with all his might. The second bell rings, and I know my perfect record of attendance will be tarnished. What a great day.

"Almost got you", the guy grunts.

"WHOA!"

I'm out of the locker but also sprawled across the guy who saved me. How embarrassing. I quickly stand to my feet.

"I'm soooo sorry. I mean...the crowd.. again-", I stutter.

"No problem. I'm just here to help. I'm Connor.", Conner says.

With a wave , Connor heads for class. I stand there replaying everything in my head. That was the closest a guy has been to me before. I shake out my thoughts and run to math. He was just being kind, that's all. I thought.

  I open the door to math and everyone turns towards me.

"Ms.Clarence do you have any explanation to your tardiness?", Mr.Kutler asks.

"Umm, no I just got late that's all." I feel my cheeks get rosy.

"Well maybe after this you''ll come on time. Due tomorrow is a 3 page essay on the importance of math in our ever-changing society...", He drones on, as I take my seat in the back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Math finally ends and I gather my belongings. I look around and see that Connor was in this class. He was surrounded by all the populars and was telling them a story. I over heard part of it.

" And you see I had to be nice or she would  be stuck in that locker forever..'', Why did he have to rehash what happened? I rushed out of  class to English.

I get to class early and take a seat.

"Hey Clarence, are you planning on napping in MY locker today?", Jonny Torse, who's been in my classes last year says mockingly.

"What are you talking about ?", I ask.

"Come on Clarence your story is all over the school. It spread so fast that its on Vine. Yeah someone videoed it.", Jonny says then leaves.

Wow I surely made a best first impression this year. I know I said I was going to let loose this year, but not so I would be the negative buzz around here. And that fast that its on vine? What a morning.

I cursed under my breath silently as probably 20 people came to ask me about the incident.

This was going to be a long day.