Soccerhead

At school the next day I arrive earlier than I would have. I go towards Zoe's locker first because I figured If she forgives me it would be easy than with Natasha.

I finally see Zoe heading my way.

"Excuse."

"Well a good morning to you too." I say over cheerfully.

"What do you want.' She says bored.

"I , just wanted to apologize for what I did." I make my voice sound regretful and look down at my feet. Instead of forgiving , Zoe looks at me suspiciously.

"And what IS it you did?" She asks.

"Umm."

"Of course. You know its not that you apologize its that you know what you did.Now move .'' I step to the side, and Zoe clearly done talking with me , so I leave. I know not to try with Natasha so I scoot over to class.

As I sit down in the class everyone is staring at me. I'm trying to figure if I did something wrong with my hair or so when Mr Dari comes in.

"Good morning class. As you probably heard, let's give a round of applause for Clarence for winning the $10million dollars!'' Everyone starts clapping and I sink down in my seat, I was never the one for attention.

"So Clarence, what are you going to do with the money?"

"Well, I..."

"How about we make that today's writing activity. Write about what you would do if you won the lotto."

Everyone groans. I set to work and recall about that morning's paper. I didn't really wonder what we were going to do with the money.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- At lunch I receive a text from Connor asking if we do something today after school. I really want to but take a rain check since im helping my brother out again. He offers to come but I say its a sibling thing and we leave it at that.

After school I trek home and throw my bag in my room. Change my converses for my Nike's and head to the backyard.

Dylan was waiting for me and as he saw me he kicked me the ball. I assumed I was goalie today so I headed for the net. For thirty minutes Dylan practiced his kicks at me.

A little after 4:00 I see Connor's car roll into our driveway. I don't know but im annoyed, since I told him no to today's plans. he comes towards us.

"What are you doing here?" I ask

"Just want to sharpen  my soccer skills."

"Well -"

"Its ok Clarence, he can join." Dylan says. He's always been a peacemaker when it comes to fights. I shoot daggers at Connor, but he pretends not to notice.

Dylan and Connor are trying to get the ball in the net but im really of a good goalie . I don't know but soon it seems like Dylan is on the sidelines and its me and Connor. He kicks a real hard one but I merely catch it.

"You have to try harder than that!" I call.

"I'll be inside Clare" Dylan says. I give him a thumbs up and don't see the ball flying at my head.