A new friend!

Chapter 5

You close one eye, sticking your tongue out as you try to get a precise aim. "If she misses this.. everything will be over. How are you feeling young lady?" You groan, dropping your hands and letting the paper football fall on the desk, "I'd feel a lot better if you guys backed off and let me beat this guy!" The adult behind you steps back, raising the stapler, that they were using as a microphone, up and apologizing. "Thank you.."

You return to your earlier position, aiming just above the accountant's fingers, "Remember Mister.. lunch is on you if I win." You smile mischievously before flicking the paper football, sending it flying across the table. The men and woman of the office raise their hands up when you successfully make it and score a touchdown.

You jump up and start dancing, awkwardly moving your arms and legs around as the accountant drops his head in shame. "What will I tell my family?" You laugh at the exaggeration, this was only supposed to be a small fun game with the office workers of Fatgum's agency but it turned out to be a full on war.

You were having a small tour of the place until Fatgum was called in and had to leave you here. At first you expected to see nothing but adults typing away on their computers, that changed when the whole office seemed to burst with life as soon as the hero left the building, with his sidekick following close behind. A woman bounced right up to you and started speaking a mile a minute, all you could catch were compliments over your fights in the sports festival. More people surrounded you, practically gushing over you.

They introduced themselves, telling you what their jobs where and what happened at Fatgum's agency on a daily basis. You listened and made some jokes, being as polite as you could. You weren't sure how you ended up facing the self proclaimed 'Champ of paper football' but you did. You don't regret whatever you did to get here and win, since you got a free lunch out of it. "Don't be such a drama queen, it's normal to lose against a high school freshman.. at your age and all..." You smirk and flip your hair behind you, mentally high-fiving yourself when the people around you start to 'ooh' at your comment.

"You have no respect for your elders!"

You shrug your shoulders telling him what your allergic to and what your favorite meal was, a deal is a deal. The man grumbled under his breath as he walked out of the office, some workers following him to get their own lunch. The same woman who first introduced herself walked towards you while holding a thumbs up, "You did great! The boss will be back soon, so after lunch we all have to go back to being serious." You tilt your head to the side with furrowed brows, "Why? it's a lot more fun here when it isn't so gloomy." The woman laughs, bringing her hands up and motioning towards her co-workers who were laughing and talking loudly. "The boss wanted us to stay "professional" for the week so you could think highly of him."

"That's absurd! I already think he's the coolest! The way he can easily capture villains without batting an eye is so-!"You stop your rambling when you feel your phone vibrate from your pocket, you break out into a grin when you see that a certain blond had texted you. "Sorry, I have to.." you trail off, hoping the woman in front of you would take the hint, she does, smiling cheekily before leaving you alone. Opening your phone you laugh when a mirage of texts pop up one after the other.

King Of All Assholes: HELL YEAH

King Of All Assholes: YOU FUCKING SUCK AT THIS

King Of All Assholes: IM THE KING OF EVERYTHING AND THIS JUST PROVES IT

King Of All Assholes: PLAY ME AGAIN LOSER