Doing the unthinkable!

Chapter 4

Being a hero is something you've always dreamed of. You were sitting in the living room playing with your toys while your parents watched the news, of course you weren't interested in all that but when they covered a recent villain attack and showed clips of a hero saving the day.. your mind was made up. Since that day you lost interest in useless toys and dolls, only caring for the latest hero merch and costumes.

When you discovered Present Mic, you were ecstatic! He had the same quirk as yours and was able to save the day so easily, with some damage but that was to be expected, if he could do it then so could you! So you started training, building muscle and begging your father to let you go into martial arts to gain more combat skills. Your parents knew you'd want to follow the path of a hero, the drawings and excited talk of heroes confirming their foresight.

They were hesitant but when they saw you win your first fighting match they became your number one fans. They didn't support you from the sidelines though, no, that wasn't enough for them. They let your whole family know of your future plans, so anytime they visited it was a big fest of people yelling suggestions for your hero costume, name, and talk of all the villains you'd beat down. One vivid memory of your youth was a fighting match you had, all of your family members were there, by your surprise, since you only invited your cousin.

They made signs and a huge banner with your name on it, it wasn't a very important match so it was unbearably embarrassing to have them yelling at the top of their lungs for you. The person you fought was older and bigger but you were able to bring him down with ease, looking back that's probably were your huge hidden ego came from.

Wen you finally entered U.A., you almost broke down in tears. Your family recorded the reveal and took pictures a mile a minute, while they had tears streaming down their faces. All the hard work and time that you spent payed off greatly, of course everyone was emotional! There was a huge party thrown in your house, neighbors, family friends, even your mail man showed up. You entered U.A. in very high spirits, the first couple of days a total blur since your happiness was off the scale!

Your class could see flowers and stars being emitted by you that whole week, making it really easy for people to approach you and become friends. The entire class was giving it their all in hero training, all because you kept spewing out compliments and encouragement left and right. Then the villain attack happened and instead of your class being worried for the people that could've lost their lives, they were mad? It made no sense to you at the time. The class, Monoma to be more precise, came up with a plan to broadcast class 1-B's power in the upcoming sports festival, you went along with it since it was actually a good idea, you kept that to yourself though because Monoma's head was big enough.

Up until the cavalry battle where your team lost its headband, everything was going according as planned but again, your team lost its headband. It was an actual blessing that your classmates let your team take their place, even better than that, be chosen to move onto the one-on-one fights! Of course you made them proud for making it as far as you did but you weren't. Yes, you fought with everything you had and tried to fight until the last second yet, you still couldn't beat him? That's what really got you so down in the dumps, that you weren't strong enough. After everything, all the extensive work you put into this, you wound up losing to someone that was far more powerful.

Then suddenly, you see the same guy again and beat him in a puny eating contest. Next thing you know that feeling of utter failure and disappointment is gone and it's replaced with a refreshing wave of satisfaction, how? Yes, you tended to be bipolar at times but not like this, not when the guy that ruined your chances of being noticed from pro heroes makes you wanna run a marathon. It was confusing to say the least.

You dreaded going back to school, too afraid to see everyone else get a handful of nominations while you probably got two. To your surprise, you had gotten more votes than anyone in the class! You almost had a crying fit when you saw the board with your name at the top. You were on cloud nine when lunch rolled around, maybe that's why you challenged Bakugou again? You weren't entirely sure but after that you've been a lot happier lately. You made new friends which was a plus, after school when you were running for your life you were fortunate enough to bump into Ashido. The two of you talked about school, the struggles of being a girl and exchanged numbers, which let you talk smack about Bakugou in a more safe manner.

You were able to get the phone numbers of your other new friends, you didn't get Bakugou's though, which is what you were doing now. Barging into his class and zooming to his seat you pull out your phone and hand it to him, "I'd like your phone number, please!" The whole class seems to freeze as you wait impatiently for Bakugou to respond but all you get is a red faced scowl. "Don't just come in here and make weird ass demands! Leave asshole!" You wave your hand dismissively, "It's fine! I just want your number to show off all the stuff I'll be doing in my internship!"

"Fucking leave!" You slump your shoulders and sigh, guess we're going with plan B! You think while turning on your phone and opening up your messages, "Say, you have an IPhone right?" You ask with a shy voice, trying to be as irritating as possible for your plan to work. "What's it to you?" Bakugou snarls while glaring at you then your phone. "You also have the iMessage games then?"

"Yeah, so?" You flash him a smile and move your phone back and forth, "Play me then!" Bakugou can't believe his ears, he clearly sees what you're doing, appalled by the mere though of you thinking this stupid plan would work on him. He almost laughs, not the cheery laughter that most people have but the condescending snarky laughter he makes when he's about to win. "I've won against everyone that plays me...so far holding over two hundred wins." Twirling a strand of hair while eyeing the ceiling, faking innocence just to see what reaction that would get you. "Right Kiri?" You ask the red head while smiling sweetly, he nods viciously, "Yeah! I still have a chance though!" You'd be sure to send him a thank you message later.

The class watches the interaction between Bakugou and you, they've known about you for awhile now since Kirishima and Ashido had a habit of rambling on about your winning streak against the male. Some respected you for your efforts but most could clearly see that your plan was going to fail- "Give me your damn phone!" The class is beyond stunned and in the back of your mind you're screaming because you really didn't think that would work. "H-here.." you hand him your phone with a red face, trying to keep the laughter bubbling inside you from coming out. "You're gonna fucking loose, you hear me?" You nod your head, looking at the ceiling to help you regain your senses. Bakugou punches in his number roughly, adding a name then handing it back to you.

Looking at the screen you roll your eyes, "King-explodo-kills? Fire emoji? How old are you?"

"Shut up and leave!"

///////////////////////

A/N: I know no one plays iMessage games anymore but my friend told me how she got two guys numbers this way and I though "okay damn, that's nice" So here you go!