07| Where The Wicked Road Leads

Start from the beginning

My focus returned to the task at hand only when I ran into Mal's back, who had stopped and was no looking shocked at something.

There in the room stood all our parents. It took me a second to realize that they weren't real, just figures.

I glanced at the sigh by the door that read: Hall of Villains.

My eyes then went to where my mother's figure floated in the air, broom in hand, I could almost hear her laughing in my ear. I didn't like this.

I backed up slowly, accidentally bumping into Evie, who looked away from her mother's figure to steady me.

"Well," Jay mumbled, looking down at the floor before up at the rest of us, "the wands not here, let's bounce."

Carlos, who was white as a sheet, nodded quickly before following Jay out, Mal and Evie not far behind.

I lingered for a moment, my mother's statue stared down at me, as though it was taunting me, Get the wand, embrace the power, be like me.

I looked from her green skin, to my own. Mom once told me that she had gone full green when she had become completely evil. So far, I only ever turned green when I got really, really angry.

I sighed, taking a step forward to my
mother's figure, "Look at you, look at me, I don't know who to be, mother."

"Is it wrong? Is it right? Be a thief in the night, mother." All my life my mom told me that being evil was the only way that I could ever get by.

I glanced back up at my mother's green statue, as though it had all the answers, "Tell me what to do."

I wasn't sure what I was expecting. Maybe a large glowing sign that read: Evil Is The Only Way. Or maybe a flash forward sequence of me ruling over Auradon.

After a few seconds of nothing happening I took a breath in, turning on my heel to go find my friends, but stopped short when a familiar menacing laugh sounded all through the room.

"Don't be so serious, kiddo!" I whirled around to see my mother-my real mother standing right where her statue had been, "You sound like little Glinda, all boo-hoo!"

I wanted to ask a million questions, but my mouth wouldn't open. How was she here? She's stuck on the Isle!

She smirked at me, looking down at the broom in her hands, "I was once like you my child, slightly insecure."

I stood, still frozen in shock as she ran a cold hand through my hair. "Argued with my mother too, thought I was mature." She chuckled lightly, before grabbing my chin in her hands, "But I put my heart aside, and I used my head, now I think It's time you learn what dear old mamma said."

My face must have looked shocked as I watched my mother strut around the room, broom in hand as she sang, "Don't you wanna be evil like me? Don't you wanna be mean? Don't you wanna make mischief you're daily routine?"

"Well, you can spend your life attending to the poor," She raised her voice a couple octaves, making it annoyingly squeaky, reminding me of Gwen, "But when you're evil, doing less is doing more!"

I then followed my mother as she beckoned me over, the both of us sitting down on the steps in front of Maleficent's statue, "Don't you wanna be ruthless, and rotten, and mad? Don't you wanna be very, very good at being bad?"