Boss from within

Chapter 4

Charles looked at his Presidential Rolex before he made the call. It was about that time to put his plan into action.

“It’s a go,” was all he said in the receiver before ending his call five seconds after he dialed the number he had memorized by heart.

He sat back in his yellow tricked out Hummer 2 ready for his plan to unfold. He looked as a brown and shabby Oldsmobile pulled up to the curb adjacent to where he was stationed at. He gave a nod then started his ignition and drove off.

The Oldsmobile stood at the same spot after the Hummer made a turn around the corner and then disappeared from sight. The three occupants looked like they came fresh out of high school and that would have been true if they ever went to high school. The truth was they only stepped into a public high school once in their life realized it wasn’t for them and they all left that same day. Since then, the three dropouts known to the neighborhood as Tres Locos, were a menace and a damn right terror of their urban community. All at the tender age of sixteen, they had more murder and mayhem under their belt then most grown hustlers.

Larry Locke, alias Gridlock, was the leader of the trio and was known immediately by the scar that ran from his check and separated into two perfect straight lines connecting to his top lip and chin. It was a gruesome thing to see in any youngster’s face but he took it as a sign as a pride. The kid that tried to saw off his face with a box cutter still got the raw end of that deal even though you couldn’t tell by looking at Larry. But then again, the other kid would have to be alive to tell his side of the story and dead men tell no tales.

Gridlock looked at his two cronies, Christopher Foley, alias Felony and Jamal Henderson, alias Jae Merc, as he adjusted himself in the driver seat to look at them.

“Look, we have to do this fast and quick for Boss Mama,” Locke told his crew. “She wants the shit handled and handled right. No fuck-ups and no mishaps. We go in and we get out.”

Felony, a little heavyset but still athletic, nodded his head in acknowledgement and then turn to Jae Merc. Merc was slender and lanky for his 6’4 frame. He looked more like a high school basketball player than a murderer but the truth was he was a killer and very good at it. Merc’s trusted Glock 17 was his weapon of destruction and he loved letting bullets hit the concrete and his victims hitting the ground alongside them.

Felony had a Smith and Wesson 9mm pistol and Gridlock had a gray Ruger 1911 which he took from a kid that was trying to rob one night. At the time of the robbery, Gridlock kept a small Walter PPK 380 he brought off a man that owed him money from some drugs. The kid tried to get the drop on him but it turned sour when Gridlock, who was at the time still earning his rep, refused to give up his jewelry and watch. Gridlock told the hoodlum to shoot him because he wasn’t giving him jack shit. The young thug hesitated and that gave Gridlock the break he needed. Gridlock pulled his own gun on the attempted robber and beat the kid with the butt of it then relieved the hooligan of his weapon. He ended up killing the kid as a message for other so called stick up kids that might get the idea to try to rob him after. No one ever did and by the time he formed his little inner crew, he was almost untouchable.

But when Charles put them on with his organization, the Tres Locos really became a hit squad.

“Let’s go to work,” Gridlock said with a smile. He loved drama like this.

The trio stepped out the car and looked around. Even though there was still people walking up and down the street, the group knew no one was even paying attention to them. In fact, people were trying their hardest not to look in the three killers’ direction which suited them just fine.

They walked right to the apartment building that was in the middle of housing complex. The door was busted as most project buildings are so they were able to walk right in. They all got on the one working elevator since the other one was out of order.

Gridlock pulled out the ski mask that was balled up in the back pocket of his sagging jeans. The other two outlaws did the same thing as well as pull out their weapons.

Keyshawn Lewis didn’t know what was going on. All she remembered was someone knocking on the door then she went to go and open it. After that, three youngsters rushed in her apartment with ski masks and waving guns.

Gridlock forcibly grabbed Keyshawn by the hair and threw her towards the floor. Felony locked the door behind him and did a quick search of the apartment.

“Listen up, because I’m only going to say this once,” Gridlock said. “Look at me, you are very pretty girl. Now while I’m only here for business, my pals may have other things on their minds so we going to do this nice and easy. You do what I say when I say and I’ll keep the wolves off you. You don’t listen, deviate or try anything stupid, I’ll let those motherfuckers off their leash and they will get you. Don’t say shit yet, just nod if you understood.”

Keyshawn nodded slowly with tears running down her eyes.

“Good, good, now here’s what I want you to do…”

Smoke blew from her mouth as she took another puff from the cigarette she held in her hands.

“Jail ain’t for weak bitches,” she started off saying right away.

She looked at her entourage about eleven females or so all attentive to her every word. She liked that feeling.

“Y’all think because y’all survived a few scuffs in the street that y’all can survive on the inside,” She continued. “But that shit ain’t nothing compared to when you dealing with bitches that got nothing to lose. Their only purpose is survival and if that means fucking you up or even killing you, they will do so without a second thought. No love will be lost but blood will be shed. You think it’s a game. Bitch, you have no idea.”

Every women around her gasped as she told her stories about prison life. She was out in the yard, in her element with all her new young recruits. In her four years of being inside jail, she had taken over the whole operation. Thanks to her brother on the outside who was her biggest connect, she flooded Clinton Corrections. She was doing well until one of the prison guards tried to show a little muscle but Chardae showed a little muscle too. Chardae showed that guard that her muscle extended outside those walls and could reach anyone including the guard’s family. After that message was sent, Chardae had free rein to do her dirt.

The warden must have known about her deeds but just turned a blind eye as long as packages showed up at her front door for the charity of her choice. Chardae knew quick how to make things happen wherever she went. She went into prison for protecting her friend, she was going to come out of prison not only a Boss Mama but Mama of the Bosses.

Charles couldn’t wait for her sister to touch home so they could start the Willows’ empire up right. It was going to be the greatest takeover the world has ever seen.