《14》UPDATES? (Part 2)

Authors Note ~
Just a reminder that this is not aimed at anyone. When I say 'you' I don't mean you as the reader, I mean the random people that do the things in the following rant. Do not feel offended. I don't have time for haters.

-◇-

Okay, so I know a few rants back, I said that there were only three types of beggers on Wattpad ('Vote-for-my-books' begger, 'follow-me-back' begger and 'read-my-stories' begger)

I was wrong.

So very wrong.

I missed one of the most annoying beggers of all.

The: 'Update-your-story!!!' Begger.

UGGHHHHHHHH.

Look, I appreciate every single one of my readers so freaking much, but goddddd this annoys me sometimes.

I WILL UPDATE WHEN I WANT.

I know it's surprising, but I have a life outside of Wattpad.

*GASP*

Yes, it is true.

I try not to complain about this because there are going to be people that think I'm ungrateful. Well I'm not, and my readers know that.

I honestly do appreciate that these 'beggers' love my books so much that they need to keep telling me to update, but sometimes they over do it.

"UPDATE. UPDATE. UPDATE."

"Update or I'll kill you"   (I've actually had someone threaten this to me.)

"I liked that chapter. Can you update now?"  (People say this right after I've just updated.)

"Update now or I'll unfollow you!"  (Another threat I've received)

I don't need the extra pressure of you begging me to update.

And I do not at all appreciate the threats. You should be ashamed, even if you're joking.

It's not that easy writing a story, and there are a lot of people that don't understand this.

It is impossible to write 1500 words in less than 5 minutes.

Writing stories takes a lot of effort. A LOT.

You need to create a world, setting, characters, and so much more. It's not easy.

So. Just. Stop. And. Think. Before. You. Beg. For. An. Update.

I'd like to see you try write a top standard chapter in under 10 minutes that has over 1500 words.

Exactly. Not possible.

Incidences like this are what put a down side on writing.

I write because I enjoy it, not because you demand me to.

(Breathe Jarrod, Breathe)

And don't even get me started on the people that threaten me, and other authors, to update.

These people just P-me-off  (I ain't filling this book with profanity. Don't judge meh)

Ugh, sorry, I'm getting quite angry thinking about it. Do you understand why though?

Anyways, I don't mind if you ask nicely. Go ahead. Just don't beg me for one.

Here's a few examples:

"I'm loving your story! I can't wait for the next update! When will that be?"

"Please update, your book is amazing and I love it so much!"

"I was wondering when you were updating because your book really inspires me!"

These are what I would rather receive, but rarely do.

Sigh.

Well, the message is pretty clear (I've said it like 1000 times in this rant already)

DO.

NOT.

BEG.

OR.

THREATEN.

AUTHORS.

FOR.

UPDATES.

Peace out   *~(oOo)~*

(I can't do dancing emojis. Someone teach me :'D)