-

Lauren was walking around the classroom. She was wearing a backpack that had Nala in it (with the lion's head sticking out so she could breath).

Lauren walked into the reading section of the classroom. She turned to look at Dinah, who was sitting at the back of the classroom, watching everyone.

Lauren grabbed the first book she found and hugged it to her body. She walked back to Dinah and looked up to the older woman.

"Mommy?" Lauren asked, looking down at the book in her arms.

Dinah looked at the book and grinned.

The Rainbow Fish.

Dinah looked at Lauren. "You want me to read it?"

Lauren nodded her head and sat down in front of her. Dinah smiled softly. "Okay."

She opened the book and started reading.

"A long way out in the deep blue sea there lived a fish. Not just an ordinary fish, but the most beautiful fish in the entire ocean. His scales were every shade of blue and green and purple, with sparkling silver scales among them. 

"The other fish were amazed at his beauty. The called him Rainbow Fish. "Come on, Rainbow Fish," they would call. "Come and play with us!" But the Rainbow Fish would just glide past, proud and silent, letting his scales shimmer. 

"One day, a little blue fish followed after him. "Rainbow Fish," he called, "wait for me!Please give me one of you shiny scales. They are so wonderful, and you have so many.""You want me to give you one of special scales? Who do you think you are?" cried theRainbow Fish. "Get away from me!" Shocked, the little blue fish swam away."

Lauren let out a small gasp, her eyes wide. She turned to Nala, mentally asking her if she could believe the Rainbow Fish was so mean.

Dinah smiled before she continued reading. Lauren's green eyes were twinkling as she listened to Dinah read. Little by little, other kids were sitting around Dinah, as she read.

Lauren paid them no attention as she listened to her Mommy read. Dinah finished the book. The second Dinah closed it, Lauren took the book and ran to change if for another one. She gave Dinah the book, Clifford the Big Red Dog.

She sat down in front of Dinah and waited for the older woman to read.

-

Ally was staring at the ranking. It showed who was on top of the class and who needed help. Normani wasn't number one, but she was in the top five.

Normani pulled Ally's shirt and smiled. "Mama, are you proud?"

Ally crouched down in front of Normani and smiled. "I am so proud of you. Like you have no idea. We are going to celebrate how great you are doing."

Normani's eyes widened. "Really?"

"Of course. I am actually not that surprised you are doing well, you know why?"

"Why?"

"Because I knew you were going to do great. I mean, you are Normani Kordei Hernandez-Hansen. You are smart, beautiful, and brave."

Normani looked down, before jumping into Ally's arms. "I love you. I'm happy you're my mama."

"I am lucky you are my daughter."

Normani sighed, hugging Ally.

-

"Date?" Camila asked, following Ms. Shay around.

"You're too young for me," Ms. Shay said, causing Camila to huff.

"I big."

"You're three."

"So? I hot."

Ms. Shay laughed. She had never met a child so persistent.

"I am too old for you?"

"Nuh-uh," Camila said, shaking her head.

Camila was about to say something else when Lauren ran to her.

""amz," she said, before moving her hands around.

Ms. Shay had heard from Normani that Lauren was learning sign language.

Camila nodded her head. "'kay. Be dere."

Lauren nodded her head and ran back to to Ally.

"We leavin'. Call me," Camila said, doing the phone symbol over her head.

Ms. Shay shook her head, as she watched Camila run off.

She couldn't wait to tell her fiancee about what just happened.

-

The family of five were walking out of the school, Lauren in Ally's arms.

"Mama," Lauren whispered, kissing Ally's cheek. She giggled and then made Nala kiss Ally's cheek.

The older woman shook her head and kissed Lauren's cheek.

Lauren held Nala in front of Ally, waiting for the other woman to give the lion a kiss.

Lauren grinned and then placed her head on her mother's shoulder, wanting to sleep.

Dinah was carrying Normani, telling her how proud she was.

Camila was just skipping in front of them.

The holidays were coming up, and they couldn't wait to celebrate Lauren's first real Christmas, Normani had at least two with her birth family.

-

Ten more chapters and the first story will be done.

Next up are holidays and then birthdays.

-DRuNK BReadSTiCk ouTie!