Chapter 38 : Rooftops

Beginne am Anfang

As I applied clear gloss to my lips my phone dinged, signaling a text message and there was no need for me to look to know that it was Harry announcing his arrival.

Without heels I noticed how much faster I made it outside and I lacked less fear of falling on my face and possibly dying, and that isn't even an exaggeration.

As I came closer to Harry's sleek silver Lexus, he finally stepped out his car promptly wearing a suit I never imagined him wearing yet he still pulled it off incredibly well. The suit was pale army green color and it matched his eyes so perfectly, only his eyes were far more beautiful. He doesn't wear a tie, only a black button up shirt beneath his jacket and matching black Chelsea boots. I can't recall him ever wearing a color such as this one, but I don't find myself complaining about being the first to witness that suit worn effortlessly will by this particular thirty-one year old.

Heat settles sheerly upon my cheeks once I'm done shamelessly eyeing Harry only to be met with his intently waiting to meet mine.

A facetious smirk pulls the right corner of his lips upwards, creating an indent simple on his right cheek. "You look beautiful, as always." He compliments.

I let a shy, breathy chuckle escape my glossed lips. "I could say the same for you." I retort rather embarrassingly as I squeeze my phone into the front pocket of my jeans.

"You think I'm beautiful?" Harry patronizingly ponders, his smirk increasing in size along with his already ginormous ego.

I couldn't help but grin at his attempt to make me fill his voyage of compliments towards his physical appearance yet still in the back of my mind I remember how much he actually requires that sort of attention to keep on functioning normally, or as 'normally' as Harry is able to function.

Before any uncalled for tension builds up between us, Harry welcomingly spreads his long, ample arms and sweetly murmurs. "Come here."

I willingly fall into his trap to lure me back into his arms quite literally. His arms wrap around my shoulders and mine embrace his muscular torso due to our height difference, but I find a amusing beauty in it. I inhaled his spicy scent that filled my nostrils like an avalanche of aroma before I felt him place a soft, tender kiss onto my bare forehead before we pull away from the intimate embrace.

"Allow me to open the door for you." Harry politely smiles, placing a hand onto the small of my back where his fingers linger over the dimples of my back and guides me towards the passenger side of his car to open and close the door for me.

"You know... I'm kind of craving Mexican food right now." I comment once Harry is inside and starts the car, the engine roaring to life.

"We could go to a nice authentic Mexican restaurant if you'd prefer." Harry kindly offers, though I can tell he's concealing the fact that he's upset I might interfere with his plans.

I think it about it for a quick moment, but I'm shaking my head to shrug the thought of those delicious Mexican styled empanadas I enjoy so much. "I rather not. I wouldn't want to ruin your plans." I truthfully say.

He snickers. "Wise choice."

I watch as we speed by the sceneries as a an old tune plays softly through the speakers of the car, and I'm impressed when I realize Harry is driving less recklessly than usual. "Where are you taking me, by the way?" I wondrously inquire.