Chapter 38 : Rooftops

Melanie

"You got the job."

My radiating excitement was showcased through the quivering smile tugging my mauve lips upwards and the joyous happiness seeping through my doe brown eyes.

"Are you serious?" I squeal as I walk around my dorm room in nothing but the bra and panties I picked out for tonight whilst on the verge of breaking out into my unrehearsed happy dance.

The idea of finally having a stable job at nineteen years old was nearly unbelievable. Doing as little as imagining it is insane. I didn't have a clue how I could possibly thank Harry enough for this opportunity.

"Liam is expecting you to be at his office Monday morning seven AM sharp. He'll elaborate more on how your interference with the company will provide for both you and him."

I seem to have so much more inspiration when Harry is in my life. I despise clichés, but I simply cannot deny the fact that without Harry in my life my life instantly turns dull and gray, but when he's with me I'm filled with colors, some that don't even exist. When I look at him it's like a mirage of color. I'm more than certain I'm able to provide original and magnificent pieces for the company, I can only be hopeful that the marketing people will like them just as much as I do.

As much I would love to keep fantasizing about being able to provide for myself while doing what I love for the rest of my life until I decide to retire, I remembered I had to get ready for Harry and I's date tonight which is approaching soon.

I turn on the heels of my feet and head for my closet, my wet hair drying in the towel resting on top of my head. I dread having to blow drying my naturally wild, nearly raven hair knowing it'll get frizzy in seconds and I'll be left with no option but to straighten it. However, I was in such a positive mood and I was adamant on not allowing anything to burst my bubble of happiness.

My right hand reaches forward, clasping onto the silver handle of my closet and creaking it open. My eyes rank each of the options stored in my closet, wanting to look nice yet still remain comfortable. My lips press into a thin the moment my thick, dark brows knit together pensively before I part my lips and ask, "Should I dress fancy or casual?" to the person on the other line of call.

"Which ever you prefer." His low, husky voice instantly replies with such simplicity.

It's safe to assume Harry is taking me somewhere fancy and I probably should dress up accordingly to our destine surroundings, but the mere thought of slipping on a pair of heels and wearing a tight dress only to be sore and aching once I take them off made me feel nauseous. I might end up feeling like the center of attention and humiliated once we enter a five star restaurant filled with people dressed in only their finest clothes, but I'll let myself regret my choices later.

"Text me when you're outside." I tell Harry and hanged up after hearing him murmur a response.

I settle on wearing my nicer pair of dark washed Levi jeans and tucked a nice, comfortable white tank-top into them before throwing a light black cardigan over it. I finished the outfit off with my red and black Jordan retro ones that I bought yesterday out of impulse when I promised myself I'd only go out to clear my head but ended up spending money instead. Sometimes I hate going out.

I accessorized by applying a minimal amount of makeup on my face and added simple silver hoop earrings. I looked at my phone which read 6:49PM meaning Harry is getting out of work and will possibly pull up to my dorm room building at any given moment. I knew I wouldn't be ready on time if I start straightening my hair now, so I decided to put my hair up into a bun which in the end didn't look bad because it showed off my hoops.