Chapter 6 : Drunken Night *

Melanie

Looking after Junior wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be. In fact, it was quite fun. He kept me entertained by showing me pictures he kept safely stored in his iPad mini of him and his father or any adventure he's had at the neighborhood park.

Putting aside the fact that he is only three years old, his personality was quite witty and he seemed to be a naturally funny young boy. I wondered where he got it from because now that I recap I've never heard Samira pull out a good joke and all the jokes I've heard Harry tell were a bit too corny for my liking, but I use to laugh at them to not make him feel bad. The only times Harry is ever funny is when he accidentally let an unnecessary comment slip past his lips or the face expressions he makes when he's left dumbfounded.

I started hearing faint buzzing coming from the speakers of the tv as I felt my eyelids started becoming heavy on my face. I shook my head rapidly to try and shake myself out of my sleepy state, I didn't want to fall asleep before Harry arrived home.

I sat up slightly, groaning as I felt my back ache in result of the awkward position I had stayed laid on the couch for so long. I felt a wet patch of some sort of liquid substance right under my barely prominent collarbones and I looked down to find Junior fast asleep with a parted lips where light, sheepish breaths exited out from as well drool from the sides of his mouth.

I would have been disgusted if it weren't for the angelic like face Junior had, I couldn't possibly get angered or disturbed in the slightest after looking at his beyond adorable face. I found the situation quite cute actually. I chucked as I removed his small hand that had innocently fallen on my left boob and I put it around my neck before standing up.

Luckily there was a small blue box of tissues on the medium sized coffee table in front of me so I could quickly wipe off Juniors drool from my chest.

I climbed up the stairs slowly and quietly as I tightly held Junior against my front. I assumed his bedroom was up here and I mentally face palmed myself for not remembering to ask Harry where Juniors room was located before he left.

I reached the last of the steps that were seeming to be the length of an eternity but eventually came to a stop and I was faced with a long hallway with various rooms.

"Madre de dios." (Mother of god) I whispered lowly under my breath some Spanish phrase I hear my mother throw around whenever she found herself in a delicate situation which I was in now as I stared down the hallway and at the many rooms. Any of these nine rooms could be Juniors.

I huff, adjusting Juniors limp body that was slowly slipping out of my hold as I secretly dreaded walking into every single one of these rooms until I find his. Nevertheless, I start my search. Most of them were just plain guest rooms, one of them made into an at home office for Harry (the dark furniture in there giving it away) and another made for polities which I assumed is how Samira kept up with her slim figure even though she had given birth.

I wanted to scream in victory once I entered the sky blue painted room, themed and decorated with all the marvel superheroes. I didn't scream though, not wanting to wake Junior up and instead walked into his larger than spacious room for a three year old. I carefully laid him down in his crib like bed, indulging him in the soft, fluffy blue blanket.

I hear him murmur some sort of gibberish language in his sleep as he twists and turns until he's satisfied. The last thing he murmurs takes me aback and leaves me nearly speechless with no answer.