Shard said, "We need to get food for Kai. He cannot survive on granola bars forever."

"We should also make a new game plan on training him," Rocky added. "Now that we've been discovered by the Overlord, we have to be very careful as to not be caught again."

"I think we should rest for now," Wisp offered. "We should recharge for the night so we can be ready to either train or leave in the morning." The other Elemental Masters agreed and decided to change into their pure elemental forms; Wisp shot into the electrical plug, Flame returned to Kai, Rocky stepped outside and melded with the grass, and Shard hid inside the freezer.

The next morning Kai awoke to a grumbling stomach, he grunted as he sat up on the cot. As he stood up, he was joined by Shard, Rocky and Wisp, fully recharged after a night of rest. They discussed getting food down in Stiix and came up with a plan. Kai found a piece of paper and burned it, Shard rubbed the ash onto his face to create the gray skin like everyone else. He snuck through the town and started picking out food from the market stalls, Flame grew uneasy as corrupted citizens walked by him, still going about in their lives, and the occasional Stone Warrior that was keeping guard.

"Master Kai, I believe we should hurry," she urged. "I do not feel comfortable being out in the open like this."

I know Flame, he thought. I hate being out here too, but I need to get enough food to last for who knows how long. I'll be quick, I promise.

He continued to wander through ashen stalls, the merchants stood by their supplies, some watching televisions posted every so often.

"Fire Ninja!"

Kai immediately froze as the voice of the Overlord pierced the air, his blood turned to ice as he glanced around frantically. He realized that the Overlord hadn't caught him, breathing a sigh of relief, only to realize that it was on every television in the city. The eyes of the Dark Lord glared at him through the screens.

"Fire Ninja! I know you are still out there, and I know you have help from Kasai, Kilat, Delkhii, and Kori. I know you believe that there is a sliver of hope that you can defeat me, but know that you are hopelessly outnumbered," the Overlord growled. Kai swore that he was looking directly at him. "We can play this cat and mouse game for the rest of your life, but you will be captured eventually. And so, I am willing to make you a deal; turn yourself in and no harm shall come to you or your friends."

The camera panned away from the Dark Lord to reveal Jay, Cole, Zane, and Nya, tied up in the middle of the throne room. They...they looked...uncorrupted. But how was that possible? Kai remembered when Jay and Cole charged at them, their violet eyes burning with hatred, and of fighting Nya. They were corrupted, they were on the Overlord's side. How did they look normal?

"It must be a trick, do not believe what you see," Flame said. "One of only two ways they could be uncorrupted was through the Golden Power of the First Spinjitzu Master."

What's the second option? Kai thought.

"If they had fused with their Elemental Master, like you and I have."

"Kai! Help us!" Nya cried, struggling against their bonds.

"Please Kai!" Jay cried.

"Help us!" Zane and Cole cried.

"It can't be them," Kai mumbled, struggling to keep his gaze away from his brothers and sister.

The camera returned to the Overlord, he sneered and hissed, "Do you hear their cries, Fire Ninja? How could you abandon your teammates? Your own sister?" He cackled, "Some friend you are! And if seeing your brothers and sister doesn't convince you, then how about this?"