1

A/N: This fic is inspired by inkandowl's fanart. It is really friggin good. I asked permission to make this lol

Wow I think I need anxiety medication XD it was nerve-wracking to send that ask

Wow I think I need anxiety medication XD it was nerve-wracking to send that ask. Anyhoo, hope you enjoy. I know a lot of people on Pinterest were begging for this to be a fic.

Keith was never one to enjoy traveling. He preferred to stay at home, in the Fire Nation. He especially didn't want to voyage to the frozen tundra that was the Southern Water Tribe. Unfortunately for him, his mother had dragged him with her on a "business trip".

His mother, named Azar, worked for a group of people called the Galra Empire. They went around the world in search of the Avatar. Without context, it all sounded fine, however, they searched for the master of the elements to kill them. Whenever a youth showed signs of being the next Avatar, you could bet the Galra would show up soon. Countless innocent lives were taken.

Water, fire, earth, and air. The Avatar could control them all. However, the next reincarnation has not appeared for years and years. Common knowledge was that they would be reborn within  a few years, and would show signs of controlling the four elements in early youth, but no one had demonstrated anything of the sort. Eventually, a small band of people boldly declared that the era of the Avatar was over. With relatively powerful at its center, the small group became something massive. They became the Galra Empire.

The Galra did more than just killing anyone with an affinity for the elements, they also caused what Azar called 'mischeif'. Keith knew they actually did more than that. They went around and enslaved small villages that couldn't do much to defend themselves as well. They decided that if no one could stop them from doing harm, then why do good?

Keith knew what his mother did was wrong. He always wanted to stop her from going on these so-called business trips and live a normal family life. She was a good soldier, and could easily use her power for good. Sadly, the boy wasn't good with speaking to others. He used his time to brood like a miserable anti-hero rather than actually doing anything.

Taking a deep breath, Keith watched the ship reach land. He roused his pet, a fox cat named Red, and stood up. The feline crawled up to his shoulders and yawned lazily, going back to sleep as he began walking off the ship.