E I G H T E E N | it's a date

Daniel wasn't sure when he wanted the date to be, so all I had to do was wait patiently. I found it funny how he got so flustered when I asked when he planned on taking me out.

"Uh... I never thought I'd get this far," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck, "So I'll get back to you on that."

After I had apologized, I headed back to my dorm and found Lauren doing the splits in the middle of the room, her earphones on as she started spitting rhymes from Nicki Minaj's part in Swish Swish.

"Cuz I make M's, they get much less," she sang out loud. She then pulled the leg that was behind her, to create an arch, her foot touching the crown of her head and with me simply watching, I couldn't help but feel pain spread across between my legs.

"I apologized to him," I said once I knew the song was done. She turned around, sending me a smile. "We're on better terms."

She observed me for a minute, "But there's more." I rolled my eyes, nodding. "Did you guys kiss?!"

"No, not... No," I shook my head. "He asked me on a date and I'm up for it." She stared at me, before a grin as wide as a Cheshire cat's spread across her face.

"Girl, get it," she hip thrusted the air, causing me to cringe and throw my head back in laughter. "You guys are so cute, and from what I've heard, Daniel seems to really care about you."

I didn't know what to say, but the blush creeping into my face probably said it all. "Do you have any classes today?" I decided to ask.

"Nope," she shook her head, "Want to get some breakfast?" I nodded, grabbing my jacket and following her out of the dorm. On our way to Hotshot, Jack and Daniel were leaving the dorm and the curly one approached me with a wide grin.

"Who's going on a date?" He hollered teasingly. He then takes a step back, pointing at Daniel and I, looking between the two of us. "These two!"

"About time, right dude?" Lauren asked.

"I know, these two are oblivious," Jack added. The two shaking their heads at Daniel and I. I look over at Daniel, to see him chuckling, his eyes closed as he pinched the bridge of his nose. "Anyways, I'm Jack."

"Lauren." They shook hands. "You're a Dason shipper?"

"Yup, there's a club?" She nodded.

"Okay, why are you guys outside as well?" I asked, stopping their conversation from going any further.

"We were going to grab breakfast," Daniel said. "You too, huh?" I nodded. "Then we can start our date from there."

"And have us—" Jack pointed between him and Lauren "—be the extra wheels?"

Daniel and I both shrugged. The two looked over at one another, sharing a similar look of exasperation before sighing. "Fine," they both grumbled.

Breakfast was interesting, especially with Lauren and Jack tagging along for the first part of the date. Daniel and I weren't able to keep silent during the time since the two had a conversation to start up each time. It was entertaining, and Jack mentioned that he was switching dorms so he could steal my previous place, not forgetting to admit that me moving was probably for the best.

"You guys wouldn't be sleeping in either of your own beds if this date goes well," Jack added, earning a glare from me and a blush from Daniel.

Afterwards, Lauren had to ditch us to meet with some of her other friends, and Jack was left to be an extra wheel, before making up an excuse, therefore, leaving Daniel and I at the café alone.

That is, until Jonah had arrived, noticing the two of us and not hesitating to yell at the top of his lungs. "You guys are on a date?!"

"Dude, say it louder, I don't think the whole of campus heard you," I grumbled when he approached us.

"Finally, now Corbyn owes me ten dollars," Jonah cheered, punching the air in celebration.

"You bet on us?" Daniel and I both gaped.

"Well... Corbyn and I did, Jack didn't want anything to do with and Zach isn't allowed to own a credit card unless he's willing to send money through mail, so yeah." He grinned. "I bet that you two would be on a date before Winter formal, and Corbyn said after."

"Winter formal?" Daniel and I both cocked our heads to the side.

"Yeah, it's in two weeks, in the middle of November," he explained, "you two should go together, tickets are free for scholar students." He left not after sending us a wink and going behind the counter for his shift.

The blue eyed boy faced me, a small smile on his lips, "So... Wanna be my date to the formal?"

"I'll think about it, Peter Pan," I told him with a laugh, "I need to know if you're worth it." And so he tried proving it for the rest of the day. We didn't spend a lot of time at campus, as he was taking me to different places of the city for our date– well, dates.

He couldn't settle on only having a breakfast date, saying that this was long overdue and that I deserve more than I think, so we had different types of dates that entire day.

At the art gallery, he made me pose beside a lot of pictures, and that was where he held my hand. Our fingers linked together as we walked through the silent halls, the sound of our footsteps echoed as we admired the art piece– I did, but I noticed Daniel's eyes were almost always on me, and I tried to ignore it.

At the movies, we watched whatever was available and it turned out to be an action movie. It was hard to have it act like a date, when the two of us were both on the edge of our seats during the movie, but after was when the fun started. We had gone to a nearby playground, where he had re-enacted the scenes from the movie; going up slides, and using our hands to create gun fingers, rolling across the grass before he had caught up to me. His arms wrapped around my waist, lifting me up and seizing me from running as the two of us laugh. We collapsed onto the ground, lying beside one another as we stared up at the blue sky.

That was where he had brushed my hair behind my ear, pressing his lips onto my temple.

Lastly was a hike, where we walked up a trail and sat down, a clear view of the city below us. It had begun to darken up, and sun was setting in front of us. His hand was on top of mine, slipping his fingers through the spaces between mine and holding it. I leaned my head against his shoulder, our sides pressed against one another as the sun sets.

That was where I said yes, to going to formal with him.

—🌹—

random thought: do you ever get so annoyed at how adorable, talented and a cutie Daniel because whenever i try to find gifs for the chapters, i always find myself physically groaning at how he is such an absolute cutie.

so about the chapter, i didnt really want to get into detail on what they talked about, and emphasis the moments when Mason and Daniel were beginning to show signs of "intimacy" i guess, and to highlight what they did most of the times since it would've been a hella long chapter, and im trying to fit them in a 1k word range... but in a book im working on and might publish here (also daniel fic) the chapters are longer, and (im plugging) i've been adventuring in a more "thoughtful" than "talk-ful" way of writing; meaning more thoughts and less dialogues in the starting chapters

im gonna publish the intro to the story when i post chapter 19, so you'll sort of get an idea of what im writing in that one

anywaayyysss, thank you so much for spending time to read this story, it really does mean a lot to me. i hope you have a great day. don't forget to vote, comment and share. i love you all, stay awesome :)x