Chapter - Seventeen

Ever since I found out I was pregnant I needed to tell Tim so I bought Bethany a shirt that revealed it and I put it in a bag for Tim to open when he gets home. Now we have to find a bigger place for the soon to be four of us.

I made some dinner and Tim was late. I already fed Bethany and she fell asleep face forward into the food. I felt the same way after spending the whole day over a toilet.

Tim came in and I was washing off the plate I used. "I left you some." I said. "I'm not hungry." He said and he sounded drunk. "Tim are you drunk?" I asked. "What's it to you?" He asked. I smelt the beer on his breath. "All you ever do is ignore me and I never see Beth. Our daughter." He said and she started crying. "I can't believe you. Coming home Drunk and telling me I ignore you or that you never see Bethany? I'm always home making food for us making sure our daughter can eat." I said very upset with him.

"How are you doing that your not making any income. Your not trying to buy a house for your family." He said throwing his jacket down.

"Screw you. I'm leaving." I said grabbing my purse and walking out fast without looking back.

I drove to Dad's house and took Bethany in. I looked around. "Dad?" I called out. "Down here." He yelled from the basement.

I walked downstairs. "What's up?" He asked putting his tools down. "Tim came home drunk and started saying things that weren't true. I can't believe he would do that and in front of Bethany." I said almost in tears.

I slept and Dad said he'd take care of Bethany if she woke up or anything. I spent the night crying and feeling sore. I just couldn't believe Tim would do that.

Tim

I woke up and Alex was gone. I don't remember what happened last night but it looks like Alex was gone. I saw a gift bag and took the wrapping from the top and pulled out a baby's shirt. It looked about Bethany's size. I turned it around and saw the Future big sister. "Shit." I mumbled under my breath. "What did I do?" I put my face in my hands.

 "What did I do?" I put my face in my hands

Alex

I went downstairs and saw Dad playing with Bethany and she slowly stood. She fell backwards into my arms. She giggled as I lifted her into the air. "I have to go to work. Take care Alex." Dad said and kissed my cheek.

I went for a walk with Bethany and she had the biggest grin. We went to the coffee shop so I could get some coffee and I used a computer to track Tim. He went to work and he was at Dads house. While Bethany slept on my chest I put in a GPS scrambler on my phone. I sighed and went to a hotel. I pulled out some cash from a box in my Charger. I went in the room and laid Bethany down.

I sat down and then Bethany started kicking and laughing. I looked at her and started playing with her favorite toy I kept in my purse. "I love you. I love you." I said playfully. "Mommmmy." She said and I went into a surprise face. "Did you just say mommy?" I asked and she smiled.

All I heard after that was Mommy. Mommy it was sweet at first but I think I need sleep. She finally passed out and I laid next to her. I was out within the next minute.

I woke up and Bethany was giggling. She looked at me and I put her on the floor. She started clapping and playing with her toy. "Mommy." She said and I looked at her. She smiled and then starting standing up. She started running towards me. Making me laugh.

She tumbled and I caught her. "I think we should go eat some food." I said and she needed new clothes. I wanted to see Tim but it felt like a bad idea.

I checked out and went for food. I went home after eating. I found newspapers and a note. I put Bethany down after changing her. "Alex I'm sorry for what I did. One beer turned into eight and after that I don't remember. But remember the way I felt when you were gone. It won't happen again." I sighed after reading the note.

The newspaper clippings had circles on a few houses one caught my eye and I put it on top and put the others away. The price was in the range we wanted and four bedrooms. Two bathrooms. The outside picture of it looked amazing.

I got into the shower and just let myself think until I heard crying

I got into the shower and just let myself think until I heard crying. I quickly grabbed my towel and just saw Bethany crying. "Let's give you a nice warm bath." I said carrying her into the bathroom.

I watched her pay with the rubber ducky and I washed her hair. I dried her off and helped her put her clothes on. She was still young enough to fight against me but choose to help.

I put Bethany down for the night as I heard the door being unlocked. I shut our door with Bethany inside. Tim walked in. "Alex. I.." He started and I shushed him. "I came back because I didn't want us apart. I want us to work on this because I can't take this kind of stress." I said. "I know. I'm sorry. I won't let it happen again." He said and I wrapped my arms around his waist. "I just put Bethany down if you want to see her." I said and he kissed my forehead.

We went to sleep without talking and by morning I smelt food. I got up and saw Tim making food and feeding Bethany. "Morning." I kissed Bethany's head and Tim grabbed my arm pulling me in for a kiss. "What was that for?" I asked. "I'm just in a happy mood." He said making me smile.

Tim called in and we went to go see the house. It was amazing. We did the walk through and I was in love with the whole place. The basement needed a little clean up but we can get the place a bit cheaper that way. I was excited to finally get a house.