Chapter 18- The bearer of bad news

I slowly opened my eyes as my whole body was aching in a horrific pain. I rubbed my eyes as I sat up and looked around my room. It was a dark navy blue colored sky outside the window as a striking hot orange color was fading out behind the tall building. I sat there for two minutes as nothing came in my mind. I couldn't remember as to how I got here.

Do you ever just wake up from your sleep and just sit on your bed thinking about what you were doing with your life?

That's what was going on in my head.
I couldn't think straight. And there was a heavy pain in the back of my head.

I got out of the bed and started walking outside towards the living room to find Kartik. He was right there sitting on the couch watching TV. He looked up when he sensed my presence and immediately smiled like the idiot he was. I rolled my eyes looking at him.

"You're finally up!" Kartik exclaimed way too excited for my taste.

I cringed looking at him and immediately put my hand up to my head. "Why are you so happy?" I asked sounding grumpy and standing in front of the couch.

"Do you remember what happened in the morning?"

I looked at him confused for a second and then widened my eyes as I suddenly remembered myself being in his arms. "You picked me up in your arms."

His face formed a smile, "that's it?"
I tried searching my useless brain but nothing came in at that moment. "I remember that you left."

He chuckled, "yeah sorry about that."

"Why did you leave?"

"I thought you loved Harsh and wanted to be with him."

"What gave you that idea?" I asked feeling annoyed, "was it his confession for Naina?"

"Okay, don't sass me," he held his hand up. I came towards him as I looked up at his face.

"I don't like Harsh like that." I spoke with a little sass. His lips automatically smiled softly.

"I know," he whispered making my heart beat.

"Don't ever leave like that," I hit him in the arm, "I can't start looking for a new assistant again." I said annoyed and sat down on the couch.

He chuckled again as he joined me. "Well you should start getting ready," he scooted towards me a little, "because your dad called."

I put my head in my hands as I grumbled, "the stupid dinner."

He laughed out loud like a melody. I looked at him annoyed making him settle down and look at me with a different spark in his eyes. "Your dad thinks we are together."

"What!" I stood up, "why?"

He started rubbing the back of his head, "because I picked up the call and told him that we live together,"he closed one of his eyes tightly while squinting with the other to see my next move.

"Now why would you do that?" I sighed and sat back down on the couch again.

"Because he kind of threatened to call the cops." He looked at me with an apologetic look, "he thought I was in your house to rob you."

"What gave him that idea?"

"Cause I was telling Harsh," he started casually, "I would steal your hea-" he stopped and looked at me with wide eyes, "umm...shampoo."

"Shampoo?" I asked feeling skeptical.

"I'm out of shampoo."

"Oh."