10

"Jason!" I yell as I jump for my hot cocoa.

He laughs and looks down at me still managing to look completely adorable. "Can you focus on me and not your cocoa for ten seconds?"

I groan as he sets the coffee on a frozen over fountain behind us. The cold wind kisses my face and parts of my neck. I fold my arms over my chest to keep me warm. Jason puts his hands on my arms and rubs them against my button down peacoat.

"What do you need?" I ask annoyed that he took my cocoa.

"You know I love you, right?" he asks.

"Jase what are y-"

"right?"

I nod slowly looking into his brown eyes.

He reaches into his pocket and hands me a small velvet red box. I fiddle with it in my hands slightly confused. I look back up at him and scrunch up my nose. "What is this for?"

He smirks. "Open it."

I roll my eyes and pry open the box. A small silver ring sits in the middle of the box with a small diamond twinkling in the center. I raise my eyebrows and feel tears coming at my eyes. I look up at Jase and cover my mouth with my other hand

"Princess, I've loved you for way longer than you could possibly imagine. When you were with Wes and even with mason I could barely handle not being able to act the same around you. Believe it or not, I've even gotten nervous around you. I want you and only you until I die or you die. You make me so happy. Will you marry me?" he asks me.

I nod with my eyes filled with tears. He smiles and takes the ring out. he carefully slides it on my finger. I look up at him with teary eyes and smile.

"You're such a dork." I say with a shaky laugh as I loop my arms around his neck and he pulls me closer.

"Yeah, but I'm your dork." he says with a cheeky smile.

I laugh at him and admire the sparkly ring on my pale finger. "Your mom is going to flip when she sees."

"Nah, she'll be so happy I'm pretty sure she'll want this to happen tomorrow." he says.

I give him a small smile. "I love you Jason."

He smiles back. It's the first time I've said those exact words. The words he's wanted to hear for so long. The words I never had the courage to say.

"I love you too Princess."

"Forever?" I ask with a smirk.

He nods slowly. "Always."

***

"Married?!?!?" Margo squeals as we sit in my bed in Boston watching. Sh came up to visit after Christmas.

I nod excitedly. "I know right? It was completely unexpected."

"Ugh, you guys are perfect. I was wondering when he was going to ask you. It's only been almost three months since you were together. More like two and a half years waiting." Margo says taking a handful of popcorn.

"Oh hush it." I tell her before twinkling my ring in the last bit of sunlight.

"I want you to be my maid of honor." I tell her.

She almost chokes before keeping herself together and looking at me. "W-what about Penny or Olivia? Hell, what about Maddie? They've been there for you through... Everything. I was there when we found Harvey Goodman dead and next to us, basically drowning in his blood. Haylee, pick one off them."

I shake my head smiling at her. "Margo, you barely knew me and you were there. If anyone deserves it, its you."

She looks like she's going to cry before hugging me tight. "Thanks Hay."