12

"How much longer?" Jase asks again.

I shake my head while my finger nails tap against the counter. "A minute."

He sighs and runs his hands over his face. "This is nerve racking."

"I know Jase, I know." I say.  "Is this a good thing?"

He looks at me like I just asked the dumbest question. He comes over to me and takes his hands in mine. "Of course its a good thing Haylee. I'm just scared for you. What about school?"

I sigh and look down at our hands. "I can do it online and go back by second semester next year."

"Are you sure that's what you want?" He asks not buying what I'm saying.

I nod and smile weakly at him.

He smiles at me and takes a breath. "Okay."

"Do you think we'd have a girl or a boy?" I ask looking in the mirror.

"Probably a boy. Everleigh is one of the very few girls in the family." Jase says.

"I've always wanted a girl. To build that connection with my daughter and whatever. The thought makes me happy." I say with a smile.

"Well maybe you'll get lucky."

The timer on his phone goes off and my heart rate picks up to a whole other speed. Jase's hands fall from mine and I go back to tapping the counter. Jase shuts the timer off.

"Do you want to check or do you want me to?" He asks.

I purse my lips. "I'll do it."

I snatch the pregnancy test from the edge of the sink and clutch it in my hand, hiding the results. I squeeze my eyes shut and turn so my back is facing Jase. I take a breath before flipping it over and seeing the result.

And what I see makes me happy. A kind of happy I can't really explain. A happiness that shows my life is on the Right track. I turn around with a smile on my face.

"What?" Jase asks.

I hand him the test and he looks at it and then back at me. He grins at me before lifting me up and twirling me around, laughing. He presses his mouth to mine and puts the test between us.

We both look down at the test that reads positive. I gaze up at him.

"Do you think we're equipped to be parents?" I ask with a smile not able to leave my face.

Jase laughs and pulls me closer. "We'll be amazing."

"The best in the business."

***
"I knew it." Maddie says

"What? How?" I ask.

"Oh come on Hay. I know you perfectly well. Its obvious you were pregnant." She says with an eye roll.

"I'm so happy for you guys!" Amber says.

I smile at her.

"I am too. It better be a girl Though." Margo says smirking at me.

"That's amazing. I always knew you and Jase were meant to be." Penny says.

"And now you're going to have your own little family." Stacy squeals and we all laugh at her.

"Hay?" Olivia says putting her hand over mine.

"Yeah Liv?"

She smiles. "I told you so."

I smirk at her.

Yeah you did.

***
"Hey Gia?" I say slowly walking into the kitchen with Jase by my side.