"I don't know, I- she was following me, but then I looked back and she wasn't there so I tried to find her but- Alec she's not here, I don't know where she is!" I frantically explained.

"Okay, okay, if she's not here she must have found her own way back to the Institute, come on, we have to get out of here," He helped me up and started back in the direction I had come from. We broke into a run and not two minutes later, we collided with Jace and Isabelle at another intersection of the tunnels.

Jace registered that I was still down here but that Clary was nowhere to be seen. "What happened? Where's Clary?"

Alec answered for me, "She ran off, we can't find her, but I saw Luke, he's down here too, she could be with him, or have made her own way out."

Before Jace could respond, seven Shax demons flooded into the room.

Isabelle lashed at one with her whip, but the demon narrowly dodged it, leaving it to curl around a steel pipe instead, being yanked out of Isabelle's hand and leaving her weaponless.

"Izzy!" Alec threw her his seraph blade which she caught and quickly sliced two of the attackers in half. I didn't have time to create my Bo staff, and the demons were too close for throwing knives, so I reached behind me and pulled out my kindjal daggers from the holster strapped to my back. They lit up brightly and I stabbed one that lunged at me, straight in the gut and it exploded into nothing. An arrow flew past my head, killing a second one that was coming for me and I saw Jace destroy his own demon on my left. I looked back and saw Alec amidst a struggle with a particularly large Shax demon. It grabbed Alec's bow with its claws and wrestled it from him, chucking it to the side leaving Alec defenseless after throwing his seraph blade to Isabelle.

"Alec!" I got his attention and threw him one of my kindjal, knowing it would respond to him like it did that time in the training room. The second it left my hand, both hilts relinquished their glow, no longer being used as a pair. Alec caught it and as soon as his fingers closed around the hilt both daggers glowed intensely. Jace killed his second demon just in time to see the exchange and his eyes widened in pure shock as Alec vanquished the last of the swarm.

There wasn't a single second that we could take to stop for a breather as we darted from the tunnels. Finally finding our way out the top, we raced along the streets back to the Institute. Panic washed over Jace as he realised Clary hadn't made it back and he instantly got everybody's attention, pulling up a map of the tunnels on a large screen for them all to see. "All right, listen up. I want this entire Institute on high alert. These tunnels are swarming with Shax demons. If Clary's down there, it's only a matter of time before they find her. I don't care what anybody else says, I'll take full responsibility. Right now, she is the only thing that matters."

Before anybody could move though, Clary came running in. She dashed down the steps and straight into Jace's arms. I turned to Alec, relief obvious on my face, throwing my arms around his neck and burying my face in his shoulder. He wrapped me up tightly while I murmured against him, "I was so worried when we left you behind, I'm so glad you're okay but don't ever do that again."

He kissed the top of my head and bent down to my ear, "I'd do it again in a heart beat if it meant saving you."

I turned my head and captured his lips with mine. He deepened the kiss, his hands finding the small of my back, pulling me closer. Once we parted he pulled me back into a secure hug, holding me as though he was afraid that if he let go, I would disappear.

***

As I was putting my weapons away in the hidden wall of the training room, Jace approached, leaning against the wall beside me.

I turned to him with a raised eyebrow and asked, "Can I help you?"

He looked around to make sure nobody else was listening. "I saw what happened when you gave your kindjal dagger to Alec," Jace said. When I didn't give any sort of overwhelming response he pressed, "Sam, kindjal are very powerful weapons, even if they respond to you, which in itself its extremely rare, they will only respond if you are using both of them."

I didn't really get what he was trying to say. "Meaning...?"

Jace let out a frustrated sigh. "Meaning, that neither should have worked when you gave one to Alec, not unless you two were parabatais, which is obviously impossible since he's my parabatai."

I remembered what Alec told me the first time he taught me to use the weapon. I suppose a parabatai pair or two people with a similar bond could use one each as their bond makes them each a part of the other. "Jace, what if it was a bond similar to that of a parabatai pair?"

He thought about it for a moment. "Well I guess yeah-" He cut himself off and a look of realisation dawned on him. He pushed off the wall and faced me front on, "Sam, do you remember Magnus saying that the demon we summoned to get Clary's memories back would ask for something in return?" I nodded, not seeing the relevance or where he was going with this, "The payment that the memory demon requested was a memory of the one we loved the most. A picture of that person appeared in front of everybody before the demon took it. Izzy gave up a memory of Alec, Clary - one of your mother, but Alec, Alec's was one of you."    

-

Oh shit, what do you guys thinks they could be??? Any guesses?

Also Dom and Sarah broke up :(( I actually really liked them together, I'm so devo.

Don't forget to vote and all that jazz, next update will be tomorrow!

NOS xx