"I've got a bad feeling about this," Clary said, "What is taking him so long?"

Jace shrugged, "I know a way we could find out. Just go in and see for ourselves."

I shook my head at them, "Luke told us to stay put, so that's what we're gonna do."

Clary's phone started ringing and she dug it out of her pocket, "That's probably him now."

I looked up through the glass walkway connecting the two buildings and my eyes widened, "I doubt it."

Luke was being taken away, in handcuffs, by more cops. I knew Jace had seen what I had when he said, "Just so I'm clear, he did mention something about trying to avoid attention, right? From the looks of it, he's doing a terrible job."

Clary finally caught on after hanging up her still ringing phone and following our gazes, "Circle members?" She asked.

"No, mundanes - internal affairs officers," Jace replied, squinting a little at them.

"You can tell all that just by looking at them?" Clary looked amazed.

"I can tell all that by reading their badges," Jace responded as though it were obvious, then pointed to a rune on his forearm. "Better than binoculars; Luke had his chance. Let's go. Sam, stay here - if we aren't back in ten minutes, call for back up."

I leaned back against the car and watched as Jace led Clary forwards, wondering why I was the one who had to stay behind, when it was me who figured out where the Cup actually was. I looked down at my watch. Seven minutes. I looked around not attracting any real attention as most of these people had seen me around here before and probably figured I was just waiting for Luke. I sighed and tapped my foot.

"That's it," I muttered, pulling my phone out.

"Hello?" Alec's muffled voice came through.

"Alec, hey can you come down to the NYPD precinct? We need help," I asked.

"Samara? Is everything okay?" He asked, sounding like he was already moving.

"I uh, I'm not sure, just can you and Isabelle get down here quickly?" I asked somewhat nervously, looking around and still not finding Jace, Clary or Luke anywhere in my line of sight.

"Yeah, I'm on my way, hang on okay?" With that he hung up, and I relaxed a little, knowing he'd be here quickly.

Sure enough, not five minutes later, Alec and Isabelle came running towards me.

"Someone call for backup?"

"Yeah, Jace said to call for help if they weren't back in ten minutes, twenty minutes ago. I don't know what he wants us to do though; we can't just go storming in there-" I stopped as I saw Jace and Clary running out of the building. "Oh my God- Seriously?"

"What took you guys so long?" Jace asked his siblings.

Before either of them could answer, I spoke, "Funny, I was gonna ask you the same thing."

Jace shook his head, frustrated, "It's complicated."

"We found the Cup," Clary told them.

"The Cup?" Isabelle clarified.

Clary nodded, "Sam worked out where our mom hid it and told us where to go, but then we lost it."

"You lost it?" Alec and I exclaimed together.

"We have to sneak back in the precinct to get it," Clary tried to reason.

Alec looked up to the sky in irritation, "This is a disaster."