Chapter Thirteen

Linny

Groaning in frustration I try lighting the stove again but still the burners won't light. I sigh and put down the stove lighter wondering how I'm gonna get a pasta lunch ready in time for when Theodore gets here. And if I keep the gas on I might blow the place to smithereens. I knew I would have had to replace this stove some time. Damn. Did it have to be now?

The doorbell rings making me jump and my heart race slightly while I walk slowly to the door and open it.

"Hey," Theodore smiles and I wince.

"What's wrong?" Theodore asks stepping inside and resting his bags on the floor.

"Ugh! I can't make lunch since my stove decided to have a bitch fit," I groan while Theodore just stares at me confused while I'm so close to tears.

"Well why don't we have lunch out and watch a movie at the theatre?" Theodore shrugs, "and we can swing by Home Depot on the way back and check out some stoves."

I look at him like he is a knight in shining armor. I can just hug the shit out of him right now. But I remember I gotta control myself around this guy. Lunch, a movie and an appliance shopping offer and I want to jump his bones like right now. Geez, way to act desperate!

I can't help but feel nostalgic as we sit and watch a comedy movie while sharing a large popcorn. This used to be all we could have afforded on special occasions. Most times if we had the extra change we used it to rent a movie and watch it at home while we curled up on our old sofa.

My heart skips beats as Theodore turns to me and laughs loudly or just chuckled at the funny parts and the sound burrows its way back into my heart.

I just sigh contently and let him enjoy himself for the little while we are be together.

***

"What's the matter with you?" I ask as Theodore keeps switching lanes and constantly looking behind us in the mirrors.

"You passed the entrance for Home Depot dufus," I screech as Theodore accelerates and switch lanes yet again.

"Be quiet Linny," Theodore says and digs out his cell phone.

"I know you're not going to make a call while driving," I glare at the side of his head.

"Linny be quiet," Theodore repeated and I wanted to punch him. God he's scaring me with the way he's acting.

"Agent Theodore Halls number 95326P for Commander Dexter Vicente," Theodore says and I'm confused as fuck.

"Dex, I got three tails all closing in on me. I'm trying to shake them but they're good," Theodore says while switching lanes yet again. He listens to whoever he's speaking to and glances at me with this apologetic expression.

"Dex... Linny's with me," he says, "Yea, okay thanks boss" Theodore hands me the phone.

"Do not hang up just make sure that call remains ongoing for the next forty five seconds," he orders me and I just stare at him, eyes wide wondering what the hell is going on.

"Put it to your ear," Theodore adds sinking his foot on the accelerator and sends us careening into merging traffic.

I squeal grabbing onto the side of my seat in a death grip and listen to the chatter on the other side of Theodore's cell phone.

"Hello," someone says voice deep and loud.

"H-Hello?" I reply looking at Theodore.

"Tell Halls to get to command post now," the guy says and I relay the information to Theodore, squealing lightly when he makes an illegal U turn.

Theodore drives us back into the city taking a few branch roads he pulls up to a suburban looking house, white picket fence and everything.

"Get out quickly and follow me," Theodore orders and another guy gets into his truck as soon as we get out.

Theodore takes my hand and we jog to the door which opens for us and then we are bombarded by a set of people I've never seen before.

"What's going on?" I ask following Theodore as one of the guys asks Theodore a bunch of questions.

"We gotta tell him now Dex," Theodore says to the dark guy who's been rattling off questions at him since we walked through the door.

We come to a stop in a room that looks more like an office. The guy Theodore called Dex sits heavily and rubs at the bridge of his nose.

"Fine. We have no other choice," I just glare at the asshole for making me feel like a parasite that doesn't belong among them.

"Linny baby," I sit in the chair Theodore pulls out for me, "I'm a CIA agent," he stoops to look me dead in the eyes.

"Oh my God!" I laugh holding my side as it starts hurting with how hard I'm laughing.

"What he says is true Mr. Phillip. I'm Commander Dexter Vicente," The Italian looking guy says a bit exasperated as I've not gotten my laughing under control as yet.

"Say I believe you guys," I muse out loud, "What the hell is going on then?" I ask glaring at Theodore until he stands and takes a seat next to me.

"Agent Halls have been assigned to your bank to catch a money launderer for the Blood In mafia. Because of his experience and knowledge in accounting off course," the Dex guy drones.

"Pft, what experience? He was banging the boss' daughter," I remark making the guy looks at me all sad and shit.

"What?" I glare when another set of people comes in including Natalie and her husband BeBe.

"Natalie?" I frowned and so did her, "What are you doing here?" I asked and then my eyes widen when she just stares from me to Theodore.

"You have to tell him Halls," Natalie says not making eye contact with me. I go to open my mouth then she looks at me and adds, "Everything."

Then pandemonium breaks out as everybody starts speaking at once.

"Okay! Enough of this shit!" I yell feeling a bit woozy. I have a monster headache too.

"Theodore you tell me what the fuck's really going on and what 'everything' Natalie's talking about right this instance!" within my little speech I stand and even stomp my foot like a little brat. Way to make 'em feel like you're a functioning adult. My inner gay boy smirks and I want to bash him over the head with one of these chairs.

"Well speak you jackass!" I hiss crossing my arms over my chest and glaring at Theodore.

A/N
Another one!(DJ Khaled voice)

Hey DanielleWilson89 I'm back snookum!