Chapter Eleven

Linny

Oh what have I done? I'm such a fool, sleeping with Theodore again.

And again. And again. And again.

Oh fuck you, you inner gay boy, didn't hear you complaining when your ass was being pounded into the mattress. He just sucks his teeth at me.

"Well don't you look absolutely glowing," what is Mrs. H talking about?

"The hickeys boy, the hickeys, and you're limping," I blush self-consciously covering my neck.

"Oh... Um-Well..." I drag out the word, "It just kinda happened?" even an idiot won't believe that.

"Strapping young man, your Theodore," he isn't my anything. Just the possessor of a magic stick.

"Uh... We're not dating or anything. It was just... Ya know?" I try for a casual shrug.

"You should have seen the way that boy looked at you," she smiles rather mischievously. I raise an eyebrow at her in question stealing a slice of apple.

She just laughs quietly, "That boy looked at you as if his entire world revolves around you."

"It used to," I cover my mouth hoping she didn't hear.

"Really? Wait. Is he the one that broke your heart Lindon dear?" she looks at me with concern.

"Yea," I mutter. She just hums and continues her work. Is she expecting more? The continuous slicing of those apples is getting on my nerves. Crunch! Crunch! Crunch!

"I loved him with all my heart. Then he broke it. Broke us. He left me to marry a woman," I say bitterly.

"Lindon, I don't know what to say. Do you still love him?" she asks gently.

"Yea," I whisper, "I shouldn't, but I do."

"It's not every day you get a second chance at love and with the same love at that," she says handing me another slice of apple.

Falling for the man again?

Does it count if I never fell out of love with him?

That little twink just shakes his head ruefully at me.

I leave for work firmly instilling it in myself that I will not be that guy. The guy that goes back to the cheater hoping that he won't cheat again.

Mind made up, come Monday morning I will make sure our relationship remains strictly professional.

That ship sails with the arrival of the blonde bitch with her bouncy pony tail and fitted black dress. I plaster on the fakest smile I can muster and leave for lunch.

Who is she?

Is he fucking her too?

A lover?

Girlfriend?

I squeeze the sandwich, ketchup oozing onto my hand.

Jealous much?

Da fuck?

I'm not jealous!

Scoff.

Ya know what? Go be a whore somewhere.

I plaster on back that fake smile from earlier and push my head into Theodore's office hoping I don't find the blonde bent over his desk.

I actually wasn't expecting for the woman to announce that she's married, demand Theodore bring me to her pool party and get my phone number so that I can give her fashion advice for said husband.