REAPER CHOP! --ch. 4

Maka walks through the black door, and looks back at me one last time, smiling, as if to say 'it's okay', and soul follows, not acknowledging me in any way. I gulp, trailing them, one foot at a time.

At first when I walk in, white light blinds me, but as I further in, the lighting returns to normal and I look around cautiously.

“what the...what's with all these torii gates?”

we are In a gray stone pathway that has at least 50 torii gates leading to something. It's far away though so I can't see whatever is there. Curiosity is killing me, instead of nervousness now. There are low clouds everywhere that swirl around my bare feet, like little snakes tickling me, even though we're indoors and I don't see any windows. Outside of the pathway there are countless stick crosses rising out of the pale ground. The strange thing is that all of this is inside a room, though it looks like the yard of torii gates and crosses go on forever.

“uhhh...”

“just ignore the crosses, we all have no idea why they're here” Maka says walking forward.

“oh, ok. Where does this lead to?”

“Lord Death, Duh” Soul responds bluntly.

“but why the heck do we have to walk so far o get to him though!? My feet are killing me!”

“stop complaining..we all had to walk, and I carried you too!” soul says in an annoyed and bored tone.

“well at least you had shoes to wear when you were walking...” I say glaring at the back of his head.

“you know, you are really annoying”

“look who's talking” he doesn't reply, but Maka giggles at our bickering. I guess she must find it pretty amusing, how I'm always annoying Soul. And I’ve only known him and her for about 24 hours I think, but I wouldn't know because I can't read time. We walk underneath the torii gates one by one, chattering. Well actually, it was mostly just Maka and soul bickering and fighting like three year olds AHEM....talking. I have no idea what they're talking about, but I don't know if it's just because I don't remember it or it's something that only Shibusen students would know. I guess it's the first or else Maka would have explained everything to me. As we walk further on in, a clearing comes into view and several masculine voices can be heard. two I think -- One sounds kinda funny and the other normal. I look at where the voices are originating.

So it's Lord Death and that Spirit guy here huh?

“so, would baby bloomers or normal panties look better on women?” as soon as the sentence is finished I can feel a pang in my head and my cheeks get hot. wh-What the heck!? I guess sekki was right about people here being crazy.

Lord Death puts a finger on his chin like he's the thinker “hmm...we're going back to that subject again now....” wait again? “well, my little Maka wore those when she was little, it was so adorable! Cute little baby bloomers!” Spirit puts his hands to his cheeks and makes a face like he just witnessed the cutest thing ever.

“M-Maka?” I turn to her who is frozen, looking down with hands clenched with a red face. Soul however, makes a choking and wheezing sound, then bursts into laughter throwing his head back. I look back at her.

I seriously think she's about to murder something.

Most likely soul. That was a bad move on his part.

I jump back at the sudden movement as Maka thrashes out at soul with a dictionary in hand.

Seriously where does she keep those? Is she like a magician or something?