Letting Go

Raina's POV.

It had been 4 months since the attack on the Coruscant palace. Raina was in the middle of her meditation exercises. She breathed in and out, relaxing every muscle in her body. She focused her mind and soul only on the Force. As she sat there she began to smell a familiar fragrance. Ocean and flowers. It reminded her of. . .her mother.

Suddenly Raina found herself standing at the top of a stone stair case leading down to a terrace that overlooked a beautiful lake. Raina suddenly felt a great sadness come over her. She looked down to sees beautiful woman standing against the railing, looking out onto the lake. Raina walked down the stairs and drew closer to her.

Her hair was a dark brown, and flowed down to her waist. In her hair was a large pink flower, looking to be behind her left ear. She wore a long, flowing, lavender gown that faded to pink. Her profile was feminine, gentle, yet strong and dutiful. The breeze gently blew the women's dress and hair. The sun shown down onto her making her skin glow. To Raina she was the most beautiful woman in the galaxy.

"Mother?" Raina spoke.

The woman turned around and looked at Raina with a small smile. "Hello, dear."

Though her voice was gentle and loving, her dark brown eyes held sorrow and pain. Raina could feel something was wrong. Her mother turned back to look at the lake.

Raina walked to her mother's side. "Mommy, what's wrong?" She asked in concern and confusion.

Her mother looked down at her young daughter. She opened her mouth as if to deny it, but stopped and looked Raina's face over.

Her lips formed a sad, loving, smile. "Can't hide anything from you now can I?" She asked.

Raina bit the inside of her cheek. She could see her mother fighting back tears.

"Mother? Please, what's going on?" She asked again.

Her mother looked down, then to the side. "Come with me."

Raina nodded and took her mother's hand.

Her mother lead her down to the beach of the lake. There the two walked hand in hand. They had done this many other times, but this time felt different. Raina stared up at her mother, trying to read what was going on, but she could only feel the sadness that was emitting off her. Her mother peeked out the corner of her eye and spotted her daughter staring.

"Raina." She spoke gently, and kept walking.

"Yes, mother?" She answered.

"Remember when your father and I told you how special you are?" Raina nodded.

"Yes, you tell me all the time. You tell me how special I am because I can feel what other people are feeling." She answered.

"Yes and no. You see dear, we haven't told you everything." Her mother stopped and looked down at Raina.

"You can do those things because you have something. Something that only few beings have."

"What is that?" She asked.

Her mother smiled gently. "The Force."