Weight of The Galaxy

Luke's POV.

It had been about 5 days since the meeting. Luke, Leia, Admiral Ackbar, and General Madine had been working vigorously on a new constitution. Luke was please with
Mon-Mothma's decision on overseers. They all had military experience, but each had there own personal quality.

Admiral Ackbar was a seasoned military leader and had also experienced the Old Republic. To the others The Old Republic was just form history books. They would hear tales of it and it's sound of paradise, but they had never personally experienced it. For this reason Admiral Ackbar was able to remember the old constitution and suggest what they should keep or get rid of.

General Madine was of importance for the reason that he had much experience with trade systems and the economic system by being from the economic and factory world of Corellia. This would help them decide what to put in the constitution that had to do with the economy and trade system.

Leia brought forth her own qualities. Because of her place in the Galactic Empire she was able to talk to people and get to know them personally and bring forth what to do for the people personally. She also knew what rules for the Senate that would need to be in place as well as their rights. She could also suggest things to put in about the other government leaders and departments.

And finally, Luke was chosen for an important reason as well. He was all that was left of the Jedi and had been taught by a Jedi who had been apart of the Old Republic. He knew the stories of the war and the stories of the Old Republic.

He was also lead by the Force. He could advice everyone in the best direction with any decision made for the constitution. He could also incorporate moral rules into the constitution. Along with making the Force a core role in the the New Republic.

Luke and the others sat in a room around a table. They were almost done putting the finishing touches on the constitution. Luke would be the one to look it over in the end.

"Alright do we all agree?" Luke asked everyone.

"We do." They answered.

"Alright. That's the last article. We're done, unless anyone wants to add anything?" He asked.

They shook their heads.

"Alright. I'll look this over and let you know if it's complete and ready in the morning. Then we can present it to the comity." Luke told them picking up the large paper.

They all nodded and stood up to leave. Luke stayed behind and looked again at the sample constitution.

He felt a presence of familiarity. He inspected it and realized who it was. "Leia? What is it?" Luke asked warmly. He heard her laugh.

"I don't know if I'll ever get used to that." She said.

He laughed and turned to her.

"It took me a while to get used to it too. What is it?" He asked.

She smiled. "I just wanted tot thank you again for being involved in all this. I know how you feel about it and we'll. . . I just want to say thank you."

He looked at her sweetly. "Other than it being my duty as a Jedi, I would do it for you even if I was just a moisture farmer."

She smiled at his comment.

"Your my sister and I love you. That's one of the main reasons I'm doing this." He said.