Growing Tension

Raina's POV.

Luke took Raina back to her room in the palace. She was in great pain. She had been injured in battle before by a blaster bolt, but it never went very deep. This was a little bit more than she had been through. Luke had given Raina a cloth to hold on her wound. She held it tight to her side. Luke helped her walk to her room.

When they got there Raina unlocked he door and the two went inside. Luke flipped the light switch and helped Raina over to her bed. Raina winced and moaned as she sat down. She hissed at the terrible sharp pain.

Luke sat on her left side where her injury was and spoke. "Okay let's have look."

He took the piece of cloth away from her side, making Raina grimace in pain. The cloth was soaked with blood.

Luke eyed the area and grimaced. "Ouch." He commented seeing how bad it was.

"Tell me about it." Raina said.

"Raina maybe I should take you to a medical center." Luke said with concern on his face.

"No. I'm fine, really. Plus I don't really feel like dealing with all that."

Luke furrowed his eyebrows. "Dealing with all of what?"

"Oh you know. . .doctors and nurses all scurrying around you, not leaving you alone or leaving you be. It's just not something I want to go through for this little injury. I mean if I had been impaled or had lost a limb or something life threatening like that. . .then yes I would go to the medical center immediately, but this isn't anything like that." Raina explained.

Luke grinned and nodded. "Alright."

Luke got up off the bed, took his robe off and hung it over a chair.

He turned back to her. "Well, first off I'm going to need to get some medical supplies." Luke said.

Raina gestured with her head toward the closet.

"In the closet on the top shelf. There should be a med kit." She told him.

Luke nodded and went to the closet. After a few moments he came out with the kit. Luke went over to the bed, sat down where he had been sitting before and opened the kit.

"Looks like everything we need is in here. Okay. . ."
He leaned back and looked at her. ". . .I'm going to need you to take off your your robe, belt, sash and your tunic." He said awkwardly.

Raina nodded, heat coming to her cheeks. She stood up, with Luke's help, took her belt off and laid it on the bed. Raina then unwrapped her sash and tossed it onto the bed. Raina felt herself blush as she took off her tunic, revealing a black athletic bra.

She held it in front of herself nervously and looked at Luke, who was looking down at the ground awkwardly. Tension was growing between them.

He glanced back at her and nodded in awkward approval. "Umm. . .just uh. . .sit down and I'll take a look."

Raina sat down and slowly put her tunic down next to her. Luke sat down next to Raina. His eyes widened when he saw her wound. The injury stretched from the lower part of her ribs to her mid-abdomen. It was a pretty big gash.

"Force, Raina! What did you do to get this?" He asked in worry.

"I was listening to the meeting from a corner in the room and felt a disturbance. I looked up to see a ship flying towards the window and saw its pilot eject. I yelled telling everyone to take cover and ran over to Leia taking her to the floor and covering her head.
When the ship crashed through the window a shard of glass punctured my side. I blacked out and when I came to I had no idea that I had been injured. I was too focused on getting everyone to safety. He first time I noticed it was when Leia asked if I was alright. Then I saw it." She explained.