Preperations

Luke's POV.

It had been two weeks since Raina had moved into the temple. Luke had taken a master role to Raina during the past two weeks. He had to force himself to do so because of how close they were going to be. Luke's feelings for Raina were only growing as they spent all their time together.

They ate breakfast together, trained together, ate lunch together, trained some more, went on Jedi outings together, ate dinner together, and then spent there free time together as well. They usually played board games or card games and sometimes would go up to the garden and watch the night sky.

They only did these things to relax after a hard days work, but to Luke they were very special and treasured moments. They would talk and just spend time with one another. After that they would each go to their own room and go to sleep, though Luke usually just laid there thinking of Raina. Then everything would start over again.

The last five days had been different for Luke and Raina, though. The Coruscant Festival had been going on for five days and on the seventh day there would be a ball. Luke and Raina took more outings out during this time to help with security. It was a good way to train Raina. It was also a nice way to get away from the Temple for a while.

Today Luke was on his way to the cafeteria to meet Raina for breakfast. The Temple was very quiet and lonely. The only Jedi in the Temple were Luke and Raina. The place seemed so big because of this. Luke made his way to the cafeteria and saw Raina already sitting down at a table with some food she had prepared.

She was looking down at her plate when her head popped up and turned in his direction. Their eyes met and she smiled. Luke couldn't help, but smile back. That woman made him the happiest man in the galaxy.

He walked over to her and sat down across the table from her.

"Morning." He greeted.

"Good morning, Master Luke." She smiled.

Luke's smile faltered hearing her say his title. She was doing that quite a lot lately.

"Why do you keep doing that?" He asked glancing up at her, while pouring some blue milk out of a pitcher and into his cup.

"Doing what?" She asked obliviously.

Luke rolled his eyes and set down the pitcher. He looked up at her.

"You know what. You ever call me Luke anymore. It's always Master, or master Luke. You don't even call me Skywalker, which I would even prefer. What's going on?" He asked.

Raina looked down. She raised her eyebrow and shrugged. "I just thought it would be more professional that way. You are my master."

Luke nodded briefly. "Yes, but I'm also your best friend."

Luke felt Raina's emotion spike briefly.

"I know, but I just think it's better this way." She told him.

Luke scrunched his eyebrows and stared at her. He tried to read her feelings and even her thoughts, without being detected. Raina watched him curiously, but her expression quickly turned to anger. Luke felt a force of defense on him, pushing him out of her mind. The strength she had used made Luke sway back almost falling out of his seat. It surprised him.

"Get out of my head." She commanded firmly, glaring at Luke.

Instead of snapping at her like he was tempted to do, Luke calmed himself by taking a deep breath and releasing it. He looked at her.

"I wouldn't have to if you would just tell me what's going on. Like you said, I'm your master as well as your friend. I need to know what's going on with you." He explained.