"Mama!" Leeah shouted.

"Yes?" Tara asked her little girl.

"Can Ache bath me?" She batted her eyelashes. The charm that this girl has is hillarious.

"Of course. You know where everything is, right?" I just nooded and took Leeah's hand.

"Awex? Are you cwoming?" She asked and took his hand.

"I...I don't know." No, you may not come. I want to be alone. Far away from you.

"Pwease?!" She pleaded.

"Go with them. It's okay." Tara ensured him. Thank you very much T.

"Let's go." I picked Lee up and went up the stairs to the bathroom. Alex quietly followed us. I am so mad at myself.

I love him even though I know he will find his mate.

When he took my hand, I just...oh Goddess, I'm so pathetic.

I entered the bathroom and put Lee down. Then I turned the tap on and let the water fill the bathtub.

"Which bubbles are we going to use today?" I held two bottles: one that smells like vanilla and the other one that smells like lillacs.

"Awex choose fow me." She sent him a toothy grin. Ugh.

"Hmm...vanilla?" He said. That's my favorite...I actually use the same one at home.

"Okay!" She squealed.

I poured a little bit of vanilla liquid in the water and bubbles started to appear right away. Vanilla filled my nostrils. Mmm. I turned the tap off.

"Baby, strip down and then Alex will put you in the bathtub. I have to go to your room to grab your pajamas." I told her. She just nodded and I exited the bathroom.

I went down the hall in Lee's room to take her pajamas, fluffy socks to keep her feet warm and her underwear, of course. Just when I was about to exit, someone shut the door. What the heck?

"Why are you so nervous and stressed out?" It's Ryan.

"What happened? Spill. Now." And Tara.

"Nothing." I tried walking out again but they stopped me.

"Was it Alex?" Tara asked. Stop.

"It was him, right?" Ryan. Leave me alone.

"YES!" I shouted. And then realized what have I done. "I'm sorry..." I sat on Leeah's bed.

"It's okay. Tell me what did he do? Did he hurt you?" Ryan worriedly asked.

"I...he...it doesn't matter." I gave up. I can't tell them. Alex will hear, he's down the hall!

"Achelle...." Tara pleaded.

"Look, I can't tell you because he's down the hall." I wispered.

"And...you'd laugh at me if I told you." I stated.

They turned around and took something from Lee's drawer.

A pen. And a piece of paper.

Well aren't they persistant.

Ryan put the paper in front of me. "Write." Tara ordered and held the pen in her hand.

I had no choice. I took the pen from her. What do I do?! In a matter of seconds, they'll find out about my biggest secret.

"I can't." I gave up.

"Then I'll go and ask him." Ryan said.

Nononono.

No way.

I shook my head.

"Then tell us!" Tara ushered.

"I love him, okay? There, I said it!" I sighed and looked down.

"You...love Alex McCarter? The boy who..." Tara started.

"The boy who hates me, yes." I feel so vunerable. My biggest secret is now lingering in the air.

"And I'm like this – hurt - because Leeah told him to take me by the hand because I was cold. She explained us that her dada does that do her mama to warm her up while they are taking a walk and...he did it. He took a hold of my freaking hand. And Lee than said that we look cute and...ugh." I sighed in desperation.

Why am I this stupid?

"I'm pathetic. In love with someone who will find his mate and have a family with her. Stupid, so stupid." I pulled my hair.

"Honey...I..." Tara wanted to make me feel better but it was not working.

"And I'm that crazy that I felt something when he touched me and..."

"YOU WHAT?!" Ryan and Tara gasped.

"I..."

"Do you understand that you could be his mate if you felt that something?!" Tara.

"It was nothing. Probably just my imagination. May I go now?"

"We'll see in a month if it was just your imagination or reality. Now, you may go." Ryan said.

I rushed out of the room and tried to compose myself.

Be strong Ach.
Stay calm...

I entered the bathroom and sweet laughter filled my ears. Leeah was playing with bubbles and was laughing like crazy. It's a routine for her to be unnormal at night.

"You having fun there?" I asked. Leeah just looked at me, nodded and continued with her game of blowing bubbles and Alex stared at me.

"Do I have something on my face?" I asked.

"No." He shrugged.

"You know...you don't have to wait for me. You can leave."

"Nah, I'm fine. Besides, mom and dad told me to stay with you." He explained.

"Okay."