"All right you two, none of that thanks," Jace said, but I could see he was biting back a smile.

I wandered down the extravagant corridor, smirking at some of the things Magnus had hung up. There was an array of strange prints from different countries in different fabrics, hideous masks from various cultures and tribes, and pictures of him in every century, in some of the most ridiculous clothing.

I pushed open the door that I could hear voices behind, and saw Luke sitting in a lavish four-poster bed that could only belong to Magnus Bane, and Clary perched on the edge of it.

"We have to get the Cup before Valentine does," Luke was saying.

They both looked at me as I entered and Clary sighed, "But I don't know where it is," She gestured to me as I walked round to the side where Clary wasn't sitting and leaned against the wooden post, "Neither of us do. Or even where to start looking."

"It all starts and ends with you two," Luke said, more to himself than either of us.

"How do you know that?" Clary asked.

"Because I know Jocelyn. You two are the only other people she would have trusted with the location of the Cup," He replied.

"If she trusted us so much, why didn't she tell us any of this?" I spoke up, joining the conversation.

"She didn't think this was gonna happen. She made provisions just in case it did. The potion, Dot, Jocelyn said that I should tell you everything about your past - that it would unlock you," He explained.

"What does that even mean?" Clary threw her hands up.

"I don't know! But you do," He insisted. "There are clues, hidden inside the mundane world. Think, girls."

"If she went through all the effort of getting rid of our memories, how can anybody expect to think that she would want us to remember - wasn't that the point of lying to us in the first place," I pointed out bitterly. "So where is the rational thought behind her leaving a trail or even outright telling us if she didn't want us to know about this world?"

"I don't remember anything," Clary replied, looking at me for further input.

I shook my head though, "If Mom hid the clues, I don't know what they are."

"Maybe there's something you forgot," Luke suggested.

"Wait," Clary reached for her backpack and pulled out our father's box, "What is this?"

Luke shook his head firmly, "No."

"Mom said this belonged to our father-" Clary started.

Luke shook his head again, "No."

"-But Valentine's our father," I finished. "So who is JC?"

Luke was still shaking his head, "I want you to remember your father could be a good man."

"After what he did to you-" Clary protested, placing the box down on top of her sketchbook.

"This is worse," Luke said.

"I don't care! Luke, I want to know, we need to know," My sister exclaimed. "You said so yourself! You have to tell me everything."

"Luke, you just told us that Mom asked you to tell us everything, that means everything, good or bad. I will remember that he could have been a good man - but that doesn't change the path he actually chose to follow. If there is anything at all that could help us, please - you have to tell us," I asked, much less bossy than Clary.

Luke sighed reluctantly, "JC stands for Jonathan Christopher... your brother."

Clary and I exchanged wide-eyed stares. "We have a brother?" I stuttered.

"You did," Luke amended, "He died in a fire at Fairchild Manor - a fire that your father set."

I sunk down onto the edge of the bed, on the other side to Clary, my heart tightening. I stayed true to my word, remembering that Valentine once had the right intentions, but killing our brother only reinforced the fact that that was not the man he chose to be in the end. I found that I wasn't feeling anger, or hatred towards the man, but rather sadness, disappointment and sympathy. I felt sorry for him in ways that I couldn't describe. 

Sighing, I rested a hand on my brother's box, but suddenly, it was swallowed by the paper and became a drawing. I gasped, "H-How did I do that?"

Luke sat upright in surprise, wincing slightly at the sudden movement. "There are Shadowhunters that have unusual angelic powers, but I've never seen anyone do what you just did."

A picture flashed across my mind, a picture of a chalice on a card; a tarot card. Words echoed through my head, "Ooooh, the Ace of Cups! The beginning of love, happiness and compassion. Samara," The voice sang in a teasing tone, "this means the start of a new relationship - one where you feel butterflies in your stomach. Its a very special connection!" I recognised the voice as Dot and suddenly several things clicked in my head.

I snapped my head up to look, "Can these powers be inherited?"

"I think so," He nodded.

I jumped up so quickly I nearly fell over. I grabbed the bedpost to steady myself, "I know where she hid the Cup!"

-

She's got it folks, she's done it... surely it can't be that easy, no? I guess we'll find out 👀

Thanks for reading my beautiful people, don't forget to vote, and I love the messages you guys are sending me so keep them coming!! 💕

NOS x