Chapter 29 Fin

Chapter 29

Anthony said it wasn’t possible but she could swear the word sex was written all over her face. They did make sure to stop at the bakery and pick up a white iced chocolate cake after their short time together in the back seat of his blue mustang. She never knew how sticky leather could be against your bare ass. Now she did.

Anthony took the cake into the kitchen where their mothers were still hanging out. Lena’s brown eyes trained on her sister, a small knowing small tugging her lips as she came closer. “Where’ve you been?”

“Picking up a cake.” Mel made sure to say it with as much sarcasm and obviousness. “You’re too young to have short term memory span.”

“Right, so you didn’t stop anywhere along the way?” Lena wasn’t letting up. “You look a little flushed.”

Mel mentally groaned and tried to keep her composure. She had been right, the sex was obvious all over her face and Lena was seeing it. Better her than their mother. “I don’t understand what you’re trying to say.” When and doubt play dumb and considering she was still supposed to be a virgin it was best to play dumb concerning Lena’s innuendos.

Lena chuckled and headed out of the room while saying in a sing song voice, “Someone got her cherry popped.”

Mel was beat red by the time Anthony was back. “Did I miss something?” he asked quietly.

“Lena figured it out by just looking at me. You can read sex off people’s face.”

Anthony grinned and teased her. “Do you see it across my face?”

“No, you can’t see it off the face of the person you have the sex with because you already know the answer is yes.”

He pulled her loose into his arms. “Hmm, that’s some good logic.” He kissed her across the mouth, a soft peck that was controlled.  “My mom’s packing up some cake and leftovers to take and we’ll be leaving in a few minutes. Come see me after school tomorrow.”

Mel basked in the warmth pouring from his hands as he rubbed them up and down her arms. She nodded and said, “I’ll be there but you have to get some work done on your project.”

“How do you know that’s not what I had in mind?” his hands moved from her arms low down her waist.

“Educated guess.” She heard the women finishing up in the kitchen and knew she and Anthony didn’t have much more time alone. “Are we ok? On the same page?”

Clarity shifted into his blue eyes. “I hope so.”

She felt guilty for not being able to say all the words he wanted to hear. She knew with a hundred percent of her heart she loved Anthony and didn’t want anything to come between them. She wasn’t willing to lose him not even for Zander her best friend she had loved more than anything once upon a time. “I love you and I’ll be there tomorrow.” She reached up and kissed him goodbye without the restraint he held for the quick peck they shared earlier. This was an intense, hot, and soul searching kiss that laid all her emotions on the line that she couldn’t put into words.

“Uh hello?” Dana Lowell coughed to make their presence known. Mel and Anthony jumped away from each other with red embarrassment across their faces.

His mother said, “I thought we might have to get the hose out.”

Anthony chuckled weakly as he neared the door. “Thank you Mrs. Lowell for dinner. It was nice getting to know you better.” He was putting his good boy face forward for the sake of their relationship. Mel found it heart stop endearing.