Chapter 22

Chapter 22

Anthony was typing out the last of his report when he heard someone banging against his door. He saved his work and got up to answer it.

Amelia was standing on the other side dripping wet from the storm that began an hour ago. He quickly pulled her inside. “What are you doing here?” it was pretty late considering tomorrow was a school day and they made plans to see each other Wednesday. “You’re freezing.” He left her by the couch and went to grab some towels. When he turned around she had already stripped off her shirt and was now working her jeans down her hips. “Here.” He walked closer to give her the towel to cover herself with. He was suddenly highly aware he had taken his shirt off hours ago and she was nearly naked.

She sucked in her bottom lip and looked up at him, that’s when he saw the tears she was fighting with. He didn’t think, he pulled her into his arms and held on tight.

“What is it?” he asked softly while stroking her back in hopes to warm her up. “Did you walk here?” she was freezing to the touch and he knew the buses had stopped running.

“I needed to see you.” her voice was small against the curve of his neck.

“What’s wrong? Did something happen?”

“I don’t want to be home.” slowly she stepped back enough to look up at his face. She stared at him for a short moment before kissing him. The emotions she wasn’t willing to talk about or explain were laced within that kiss. It was hungry and rough. It was a raw passion he had never felt from her before and he knew it was very dangerous in her current state of mind.

She was trying not to cry, she was freezing from the rain storm she had walked in; it was obvious she wasn’t thinking straight.

He placed his hands over her shoulders and took a big step back. “I should find you something to wear.” He tried to move away farther but her arms were like steel around his wrists.

“Don’t do this to me; I can’t handle it right now.” the breath she sucked in was shaky. “I came here because I need you and you’re the only person who has never hurt me.”

Anthony mentally cursed. “You’re in an emotional state and I couldn’t take advantage of that.”

“You wouldn’t be.”

“You’ll regret it tomorrow when you’ve had the chance to think this through. I couldn’t live with myself if that happened. I don’t want to screw this up.” Those were some of the most honest words he’s ever said. He liked what he and Amelia had, he wanted it to build to something serious.  

She closed the space between them. “I won’t.” she kissed him again and wasn’t taking no for an answer anymore.

Anthony wanted her from the moment he had laid eyes on her, especially since they talked and got to learn they shared a lot in common. The last few weeks had been hell having her so close but having to fight it because the timing wasn’t right. Because of all of this he was weak and as she pushed the situation he didn’t know how to step back anymore.

He kissed her back and pulled her close against his chest. He wanted to go slow to give her enough time to stop this if she changed her mind but when her hand disappeared inside his pants he wasn’t sure how the hell he was going to hold out.

He sucked in a deep breath and willingly went back as she moved toward the bed. “I have to say,” his heart was racing as she pushed him back to lie down. “I like this dominate side of yours.”

A ghost of a smile formed at her lips. “Thank you I guess.”

Anthony ran his hands down the sides of her face and cupped them around her cheeks. “Are you sure you don’t want to tell me what’s going on instead?”

“One doesn’t have anything to do with the other. I’ve have wanted this since you kissed me on top of your dresser. I don’t want us to do things because someone else says it’s right. This feels right.” She laid her hand over his chest. “I need to give into something good right now.”

Anthony sat up and pulled her against him. “Then I won’t ask anymore questions.” He promised before capturing her lips with his own again.

Her body was starting to get its color back and warm up. He laid her back against his pillows and set out with his mission to make this as enjoyable as possible for her. He wanted Amelia Lowell to remember her first time even with her last breath.

Mel liked the feeling of Anthony’s long hard body pressed against her. She woke to find him half on top of her and half on the bed to balance his weight. He was adorable as he slept, she thought.

He was good to her; he had never judged her or expected something impossible. For some crazy reason he liked her for whom she was, flaws and scars included. She was positively sure she loved him.

“You’re supposed to be asleep.” Anthony murmured against her shoulder. It was only five o’clock that morning and a few hours before she had to be at school.

She turned onto her side which put them even closer together. She peered into his open eyes still glassy from sleep. “I don’t want to sleep and miss precious moments with you.”

He laughed. “And you say I have cheesy lines.” He ran his fingers down her cheek. “Still don’t want to talk about it?”

She shook her head as much as she could plastered against him. “I really would rather just enjoy this time with you. I don’t want to think about anything bad.” She kissed him before he could ask if she was sure and offer to listen to anything she had to say. He was sweet like that but right now she wished he’d cut the sweet stuff and be more hands on.

With their kiss and her hands against his chest it didn’t take long for him to go with the flow. He laid her back on the bed and moved on top of her.

Sex was still nerve wrecking because it was so new and left her with no control but she loved what he made her feel and wished he felt even an ounce the same way. 

His hand was large and possessive against her thigh as he wrapped her leg around his waist. She buried her face against the curve of his neck as he pressed inside of her.

“Are you ok?” he asked.

Mel nodded and moved her mouth up the column of his neck. “Yes, stop worrying.”

His movements stilled as their eyes met. “I care about you a lot.”

“I know.” His moved her hand through his hair. “I’m not going to run screaming for the hills. I want to be here.”

Anthony smiled but there were still hints of fear lacing his blue eyes. She was honored he was scared she’d regret their intimate time together, it showed her he was truly all in with their relationship and that everyone was wrong to doubt his honesty.

She leaned forward and pecked him on the lips. “Less talking and more loving.”

His smile more was much brighter. “We have to work on these come ons of yours.”