Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Anthony was trying to calm his heart beat before he gave himself a heart attack. He had to keep reminding himself he was a gentleman and a professional. It didn’t matter that Amelia was lying in his bed nearly naked with a sheet covering her. He could not act on it. He drew the outline of the drawing but his mind kept going to forbidden areas. Every stroke of the pencil he could feel her skin under his fingers the same way as if he was touching her.

“Are you ok?” she asked with strong concern.

His eyes darted her way before he could stop them. She was lying on her stomach with her head at the foot of the bed. A white sheet was wrapped around her body like a second skin except for her back which was exposed. His fingers itched to trail the naked curve from her neck all the way down.

“Anthony?”

He shook his head and forced his eyes back to the canvass. “Yup I’m ok. I can get the outline done today but we’ll have to do another sit down.”

“Whatever you need.”

“I need a cold shower.” He muttered while getting back to work on the project. It was twenty minutes later when he stopped again and by then his hands were sweaty and his jaw tense with frustration. Out the corner of his eye he watched as she got out of the bed and disappeared into the bathroom to get dressed.

While she was gone he looked at the beginning stages of the project, the outline of her body and the sheet, how it left her legs and back naked. She was more covered up then she’d be in a bathing suit but there was something about the sheet, her eyes and her long hair that left the image raw and sexy.

He covered the canvass and was putting his supplies away when she came back out wearing her jeans and a t-shirt too big for her.  “Are you going to be ok going home this late?” he asked.

“Mom will ask questions but she knows I have a friend. She just thinks you’re a girl and Lena hasn’t told her different.”

“Hmm I’ve always wondered what it’d be like to be a girl.”

“Really? I’ve always wondered what it’d be like to have a penis. Everything with girls is so intrusive. I think it’d be cool to just whip it out and you’re ready to go.” She said simply with a shrug.

Anthony was glad he wasn’t drinking anything or holding something because he would’ve dropped it. A surge of laughter escaped his mouth. “Where do you come up with this stuff?”

“What? I’m being serious.” Her stone cold expression only made him laugh more.

“And that’s what’s funny. Girls don’t go around admitting stuff like that or even think it.” he walked closer and pulled her into his arms. “And that’s your best quality; you’re different and brutally honest.” He bent down and kissed her cheek then quickly stepped away. He really needed that cold shower.

~*~

Amelia came up with some scenarios and answers for whatever her mother tossed her way when she got home that night. Anthony had dropped her off a block from the house to avoid any more suspicion and questions. It was just past eight-thirty when she got in.

Her mom stepped out of her office to greet her. “How was your day?”

“Fine. Where’s Lena?” her twin made her nervous, she didn’t need her to ruin the only happiness she managed to find after all these years.

“She’s upstairs finishing her homework. I spoke to Theresa Marcetti today and since you’re helping Eric we thought it’d be a good idea to get together for dinner tomorrow.”

“Ok.” After she wished her mom a goodnight and declined food, she dashed upstairs to her sanctuary.

The next morning she found Lena in the kitchen digging around for something to eat. Amelia considered saying something to her to try and see where her mood ranked but at the same time she didn’t want to hear her rants that early in the morning.

“So mom’s coming with us to the Marcetti’s for dinner today, won’t that be fun?” Lena asked with a twisted grin before biting down on her breakfast bar.

“What do you mean?” Mel asked with a bad feeling, her sister was in one of her moods and that never ended well for her.

“Tony’s gonna be there and as soon as mom sees you together she’s gonna flip.” Lena wasn’t budging on her dislike over their friendship. She really didn’t like Anthony and wanted to make his life hell every chance she got.

“You should really get some help for your bitch fits. If you would use one ounce of your brain you’d stop trying to mess this up and try and be happy over the fact I’m not locked away in my room, that I can actually breathe again.”  The conversation ended there and they went their separate ways to get to school.  That short altercation left Mel in a bad mood the rest of the morning but no one knew the difference, everyday she was silent with an empty expression or a scowl. 

If Lena couldn’t accept her friendship with Anthony then she could at least butt out. Mel didn’t like most of Lena’s friends or her boyfriend but she didn’t try to keep them apart or interfere in how they chose to spend time together.

Ready to burst with anger she pulled her sister aside during lunch. “I will tell mom about my friendship with Anthony when I’m ready and if you screw this up for me I swear Lena you’ll regret it.”

Lena crossed her arms over her chest and asked. “What the hell does that mean?”

“It means you’re not the only one with something up her sleeve. I know a lot and if there’s anything you hate more it’s to be embarrassed. I could make your life a living hell just consider it. I mean what would Andy think if he knew you had a crush on his best friend?” Mel liked to have the upper hand and while it felt good a small part of her felt low for having to hurt her sister.

“I hate you.” Lena groaned under her breath.

“No you love me so fucking show it and leave this alone. I let you get away with a lot of crap but I won’t let you take this away from me.”

Lena sighed and let her shoulders slump. “You like him that much, this quick?”

“Yes.”

“You’re going to regret it. It’s a mistake Mel. I don’t want you to suffer through a broken heart.” In her own twisted way she was trying to look out for her twin.

“It’s my mistake to make.”