a girl and a boy rushed over the table, causing dan to wince and billie to look up with wide eyes. her state of shock quickly turned to one of distaste. "oh, it's you." 

the girl had dark brown hair that barely reached her shoulders. she place her hands on her hips, glaring at billie with small, hazel eyes. "i thought you said you were busy this weekend." she blew a bubble with her bubble gum, not breaking eye contact with billie. this girl annoyed me already.

billie kicked her feet up onto my thigh and i thought of pushing them off. i didn't. 

"if you can't tell," billie gestured to both dan and myself with a single sweeping motion of her arm, "i kinda am."

the boy had brown hair that brushed the tops of his eyes. hair. he fidgeted nervously with the hem of his shirt and stared at the ground so intently that i thought he might tip over and sink into the ground. it was impossible to see his eyes with the hair that covered them. "i-i think we should let her be with her friends, c-"

"stop that," the girl snapped, turning to face the boy. "leave. you're not being very helpful, v." 

"alright, cat." the boy, who i assumed was called v, looked up at me. he flashed an apologetic smile at me before rushing out of the shop. he took a seat on one of the benches outside, probably waiting for his friend.

the girl turned back to billie, her glare stronger than ever. if looks could kill, billie would be dead by now, or maybe she wouldn't be. billie paid no mind to the girl and simply continued to scroll through whatever app she was on. this only annoyed the girl named cat more. "billie, we were supposed to go watch a movie together this weekend!"

"you wouldn't have let me pick the movie," billie grumbled. "you would have chosen some stupid movie like 'the abc's of death' again. you and i can both agree that movie was stupid." 

"then i'll let you pick the movie this time! i'm just tired of you leaving me in the dust." cat sighed. "i know you love death note, though. netflix has their own little death note movie thing there now." 

"actually," dan spoke up, voice cracking severely. he cleared his throat. "i understand that you might find it interesting since you haven't seen the anime before, but netflix's little death note reincarnate was far from being as good as the anime, in my opinion. it was completely different and it would really bother billie to watch it, so maybe-"

the girl slammed her hand down on the table. "i didn't ask for your advice, sausage jockey. stay out of something that isn't your business. honestly, you gays act like you have to throw your opinion around to seem important."

"i would like for you to know that they're actually pansexual," i said with a frown. "and non-binary." 

"and i would also like for you to know that your supposed friend that you're standing in front of is also someone who is not a heterosexual," billie spoke up, setting her feet flat on the ground and turning her knees to face cat. "you really don't pay attention to your 'friends', do you?" 

"oh my god," cat said. she covered her mouth with her hand, trying her best to hide the wicked grin that played across her lips. "so he is also a they?" she turned to dan, cheeks flushing red from holding back laughter. "were you sexually abused as a child?"