Chapter Fifty-Seven: Second Coming

Start from the beginning

"You have destroyed my city, and yet you wear my symbol." A deep, enraged voice roared over the chaos. "Explain yourselves... now."

Back in the hideout Silvia felt her blood boil. The fourth man on her screen displayed the 's' symbol on his chest as well, but his costume was colourless. It was completely black and shrouded in shadows. He looked exactly like Clark, just like the other three, but his hair was so long that it reached passed his shoulders and his facial hair was unruly. Not another one...

She was already struggling with the other two claiming to be Superman, but now that there was a new addition to this madness any self-restraint she had completely shuddered.

Eradicator and Cyborg Superman looked ready to fight the person that had interrupted them, but somehow he had managed to convince them to talk it out somewhere more private. As the three disappeared from all her camera points, Superboy turned and flew straight back to Silvia. Once he entered the hideout he saw a woman full of uncontrollable wrath, and though she tried to conceal it from him, Conner could tell that she was just inches away from shooting someone.

He informed her that they were all heading towards the Hall of Justice, and Silvia had instantly grabbed her motorcycle. She told Conner to get on the back, and he complied but not without expressing his concern for her. Silvia had brushed off his worry just like he had done to her, and now he knew just how terrible it felt.

The Hall of Justice looked exactly like Silvia remembered it, but today it looked mostly empty. Silvia marched in, skin blotching red as the anger overheated her. Conner was following close behind but she could barely sense anything beyond her need to find the three imposters.

"You're all delusional." The familiar voice of Barry Allen echoed through the facility. "Superman's dead, and frankly I'm getting sick of you guys spitting on his name."

"And I'm growing tired of you're assumptions." Eradicator quickly followed. "I'm Superman, whether you believe it or not."

"There can be only one Superman." Cyborg Superman's tinny voice stabbed. "And I will rise victorious."

Just as Silvia finally reached the room the conversation seemed to be coming from, the new and clearer voice spoke up. "Superman is an idea... a symbol. Anyone can do the right thing, that's the entire point, but neither of you have done that name justice."

This only fed Silvia's outrage. Some stranger thought he had the right to talk about Superman?... The thought made her clench her knuckles so tightly that her nails pierced the skin of her palms. With one of these tensed hands, she aggressively pushed the door open. It bounced off the wall with its handle and immediately grabbed everyone's attention.

Seeing all three Clark look-a-likes in one place was almost too overwhelming for her, but she managed to keep her eyes sharp and expression full of hatred. They all had different reactions to seeing her there; Cyborg Superman looked mildly annoyed, Eradicator seemed completely indifferent, and Barry appeared almost saddened that she had to witness this.

The new guy, however, stared at her as if he was seeing a ghost. He fell silent, for several minutes they all did, and the quiet had an aura of pureness to it. His heart lifted and the dark look on his face instantly vanished. His blue eyes held adoration for her, memorising her every feature as if he was only now seeing her for the first time. She was still so beautiful...