Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Relapse

From the ceiling of the department store Silvia had her target in sight

From the ceiling of the department store Silvia had her target in sight. He wore a large brown trench coat and his hair stuck up on end like some nutty professor. He passed the pillar just below her, and without a moments hesitation, Silvia jumped down onto him.

The man fell with a gasp, head cracking against the solid cement. Blood spat from his mouth and his brown eyes flicked up to her, appearing even darker in the falling night. His whole face pales at the sight of her.

"N-No... That's impossible!" He cried, desperately trying to claw his way from under her but to no prevail. "Th-The Reaper killings have stopped!"

"Have they?" Silvia said in a low, threatening tone. It rumbled in her throat like thunder before lightning strikes.

The man's hand reached into the garden beside him, stretching so far that his arm felt like it might pop out of its socket. Finally his fingers dug into the soil, and with one quick twist, he threw a decent sized rock against the vigilantes head.

He coughed at the straying grains of dirt that had been pulled out with the rock, and just as the soil began to clear, he saw Reaper still glaring down at him unfazed.

"Are you trying to piss me off?" She growled, grabbing his throat beneath her palm and slamming him into the ground once more. "Because I wouldn't suggest it."

"I-I'm sorry! If I knew you were still around I n-never would have-"

"Shut it." The woman spat, pushing his face firmer against the pathway until she knew it was cutting into his skin. "Or I'll crush your skull."

The man instantly froze, lips tightening so that not even the faintest of squeaks could escape. Silvia grabbed a fistful of his hair and violently yanked him up. The man gave a muffled cry but didn't let it find air.

Silvia had tried to resort back to her killing ways but it was much harder than she thought to shake the newly found conscience she had developed. That didn't mean that she couldn't beat them within an inch of their lives though.

"The slightest bit of resistance, and I'll tear the hair from your scalp." Silvia growled lowly.

"I-I won't! I swear!" The man followed her willingly, trembling in his boots and trying extra hard to not miss a step. He knew what the result would be if he did.

They came to a large building, one riddled in graphic graffiti but the symbol was unmistakable.

"W-Wait, you're not gonna k-kill me?" He stuttered in astonishment. "You'll just arrest me?"