"A thank you would be appropriate you know? Pride or not" I told him as he rummaged through my fridge.

He turned to me a bottle of water in his hand "You want me to thank you?" He raised his brow as he twisted open the cap of the bottle "you should be thanking me"

I sputtered in indignation "Thank you?! Thank you for what exactly? You're the one who's homeless" I told him with a glare.

He choked on the water he was drinking "Homeless?! Princess you..." He trailed off his eyes narrowing when I placed my hand on my hips with a glare.

"What do you mean homeless?" He asked.

Ok,maybe I shouldn't have said it that way but did he think Neil wouldn't tell me about that?.

I sighed raising my hand to rake it through my hair. His eyes followed my movement which made me nonplussed.

"Look, I didn't mean to say it that way. I know you have houses and penthouses all over the world but right now you have nowhere to stay so the least you can do is show a little respect to the house owner...me"

His eyes became slits "what do you mean I have no place to stay?"

I sighed in frustration "come on Eli, Neil told me"

"What exactly did she tell you?"

"The truth. That you had some trouble at your penthouse and she was worried about you staying in other less secured hotels and her..." I trailed off when he let out a stream of curses jamming his hand through his thick locks.

He glared at me "I'm leaving"

"It's 10 o'clock Eli. The main gates won't open again and I'm doing this as a favor to Neil so you're just going to have to get over your pride" I glared at him already sick of this conversation.

"Pride?" He let out a dry chuckle "you have no idea do you?"

"I know Neil has never asked a favor from me before and that the security at the gate won't let you go unless I call them so you're either crashing on the couch or in your car. Your choice"

"We've been set up" he hissed at me.

I was taken aback at his harsh tone "Wha...??".

"That's right princess. Neil set us up"'

"Don't call me that" I glared at him "wait. What do you mean Neil set us up?"

"Well I have a penthouse waiting for me in Manhattan with no problem at all"

I furrowed my brow in confusion "then why are you here?"

He smiled derisively "because Neil told me she was worried about you"

"why would she be?"

He shrugged "she said you moved here two months ago but she hasn't had a chance to see if it's secure. So she asked me to check if it's safe as a favor"

My jaw dropped "but I moved here six months ago and she and Ava has visited me a handful of times. She knows it's safe"

"That just goes to prove my point that we've been set up"