22

Zoe

After the nurses rush Neil into a ward we were told that due to her high BP she's fallen into a coma and they had to perform a Caesarean Section on her so she won't loose the babies.

Ava signed the form of consent while I call Lucas.

Oh God. This is bad.

Both cousins at once?

I slid down the wall and sat on the floor.

I raise my knees up to my chest placing my head between both knees.

Please let them be okay.

"Zoe" I glance up to see mom and dad standing before me.

Mom crouches down beside me and wraps her arms around me.

"It's gonna be okay. They're going to be okay."

"It's all my fault mom" I say.

If I didn't argue with Eli when he said I should get rid of the baby. If I had calmly asked why he wanted me to get rid of the baby. If I'd just been quiet.

"No. Baby, it's not your fault. Things happen the way God plans"

I shake my head in disagreement but kept quiet.

"Who's here for Elijah Hunt?" A nurse asks.

I jump to my feet and rush to her, my family trailing behind me.

"He's just gotten out of surgery but he needs blood transfusion, bone marrow transplants ASAP. After he's gotten these treatments, then we can talk about chemotherapy"

"Can we see him?" I ask.

"He's in ICU, room 5. One visitor at a time, for few minutes each."

"Thank you" mom says.

After the nurse left mom glanced at me "Do you wanna go first?"

I nod in response.

I take the elevator to the fifth floor. Once there I walk down the quiet hallway.

At room 6, I take a fortifying breath before walking in.

I know that being in ICU means he needs machines to survive but seeing Eli on that large bed with different machines hooked to him messed me up.

I close my eyes against the stinging welling of tears.
Once I've gotten the tears under control I open my eyes and walk closer to him.

When I held his hand, it was cold to touch.

"Oh Eli" I sigh "you shouldn't have kept this a secret, you should've told someone, not keep it bottled in."

I bring his hand up to my cheeks "Please, come back to me. I love you"

I gently return his hand to the bed before standing up.

I got out to see my whole family outside the door.

"Neil?" I ask in a quivering voice.

"She's okay" Sam says "I was the doctor in charge of her operation. The babies are both healthy baby boys, their mother is fine. She's just resting."

I sigh in relief.

"How's Eli?" Ava asks.

"I spoke with his Oncologists before coming here. She said the surgery went well but he needs a bone marrow transplant and blood transfusion as soon as possible" Sam answers.

"Can anyone donate?" Rogan asks.

"Anyone between the age of 18 and 60 can donate if they match with the patient. Pregnant women can't though"