Chapter 49- Tale As Old As Time (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

She flushed a rosy pink at the thought. 

They've been intimate, but she knew they would never go all the way which allowed the chase so much fun and flexibility.  But now, she was too nervous and excited as the night progressed. All the naughty things he would promise to do to her when they were all alone for their wedding night made her jittery. The thought of being under his mercy was slightly frightening.

His self-restraint was astonishing and it scared her when the time came for him to unleash all his pent up control.   Placing a hand over her abdomen Camelia inhaled and exhaled deeply in order to calm herself. Her body's reaction to his words earlier rattled her composure.

Through the dinner Camelia tried desperately to ignore her husband and concentrated on her family.  Her gaze latched on to her Aunt Cici.  She was there with her husband and their son Max minus Gloriana.  However breathtaking her aunt appeared in her silver colored maxi dress and her up-do hair style, the skin around her eyes was tight and strained.  Her mouth was smiling but her eyes were sad. 

Camelia pitied her.  For she understood her loss. It was as if she lost a daughter she would never get back.  They all knew it.  Gloriana was too far gone.  Tears misted her eyes at the thought.  Even after everything she did, Camelia forgave her knowing she wasn't in her right mind. It was the only closure she would ever have. 

"Hey, you okay?"  Jasmine asks, from beside her, placing a hand softly on her forearm as if sensing her distress.

Camelia blinked back the moisture and smiled at her sister sitting beside the Italian heartthrob–Cristiano Russo. The man was having difficulty keeping his dark, smitten eyes off her sister once they were introduced.  The way he absorbed Jasmine from head to toe, a person would have to be blind not see he wanted her with a passion.

Looked like it was love at first sight.

"Yes, I'm good. How's it going with Mr. Gorgeous?"  Changing the subject quickly.

Jasmine blushes and leans her upper body towards her. "He makes me tingle everywhere." She whispers.

"Well, that's a good thing because he looks like he worships the ground you walk on."

"He looks at me like Stefan looks at you? Are you serious?" She asks, shaking her head. "I don't think so. It's too soon."

"Trust me. An outsider sees more than the person involved." Camelia reassures her. "Just never let him see how badly he affects you. Test his affection. Let him work for it." She advises, with a small secret smile.

"A heavy dose of hard to get?"

"Exactly. Men love the chase."

"That I can do." Jasmine acknowledged with a wink.

The dinner was almost over and the music switched to classical traditional waltz. A throng of men and women dressed in 18th century clothing came through the double doors and quickly take their places and partner up–the hired entertainment for the night.

Camelia tried distracting herself and paid as much attention to the show as a baby would. Trying desperately to tamper her nervous anticipation. They were already half-way through the reception's itinerary, as she went over the list in her mind. Next up would be the cake cutting, then the–.

Her thoughts were disturbed by a feel of a hand climbing up her thigh. She almost gasped and quickly flickered her gaze to her husband.

Stefan's attention was plugged into the entertainment but his hand...oh his fingers caressed her sensually, drawing wicked images in her mind. The man was insatiable, she thought, slipping her hand under the table and gripping his fingers tightly, stopping him before he had her jumping out of her seat.