Chapter 18- His Achilles Heel

"The winner is Sammy!"  Camelia shouts holding a gold trophy filled with a assortment of various colored Jordan almonds.  

Everybody claps and cheers.  Sammy was bowing gratefully, a wide, proud grin spreading across his face.  Out of all the contestants he was the better choice.  Although he looked ridiculous, his toilet paper made toga looked the best and Camelia knew it was all his doing. 

"Thanks girlfriend."  He says taking the gold trophy cup from her hands while fanning his overheated face.  "Holy Jesus, I'm starting to sparkle."

"What?"  Camelia asks in confusion, eyeing him closely. 

Sammy rips a piece of toilet paper from over his arm and begins dabbing his forehead and patting his cheeks.  "It means I'm starting to sweat!"  He shrieks in exasperation searching for anyone that heard him.  "How could you make me say that out loud?"  He begins ripping the toilet paper off his body.  "Girl, I'm sweating in places I didn't know existed!"  He whispers behind a big ball of toilet paper.  "Those hoe's didn't know what the hell they were doing!"

Camelia laughed and laughed, so hard that tears pooled in her eyes.  Leave it to Sammy, he was always a joy to be around.  He kept huffing and puffing with a string of curses leaving his lips, ripping the toilet paper off.  She wipes a tear from the corner of her eye and adjusts her posture, trying desperately to keep the bubbling laughter that threatened to escape her lips and helped Sammy rid himself of many, many layers he was covered in. 

Gloriana approaches in a orange and gold gown, her hair perched high with multiple braids twisted in between, holding a big white garbage bag ready to help collect the debris. 

"Sammy you made for a gorgeous God."  She compliments him, she too trying not to laugh at his jerky and frustrated movements.

"Bitch please.  I'm a goddess.  Sassy and classy wrapped into one, and don't you forget it!"  He placed his face directly into Gloriana's giving her a pointed serious stare.  He said it with so much sass Camelia couldn't help herself and laughed once again. 

They continue to talk but Camelia was not listening, too distracted by her own thoughts of Stefan and Kent. 

The resemblance was uncanny. 

She saw Stefan in Kent.  It wasn't identical but close enough where she could clearly see it. Was it a coincidence...the similarities? Was this fate trying to tell her something?

But the voice.  The hair.  The glasses.

She knew there was no way it was Stefan.  No way. 

When Kent wished her a happy birthday the same way Stefan wrote in his message, that was purely coincidental.  She was reading too much into it.  Yet, she was unsure. 

The doubt, the questions, her muddled brain couldn't seem to sort out.  She was acutely afraid of her personal conflicting emotions.  A mental facility would deem her fit to join their institution.  It was obvious she was in no position to make a clear judgment of any sort.

She felt like she was going crazy.    It was the stress she reasoned. It had to be.  Because nothing could explain what she was thinking or seeing. 

Is that why she liked Kent so much? Is it because he looked a lot like Stefan?

She connected with the both of them.  Almost at the same level.