Chapter 16- His Angel

Since that dreadful night Kent appointed extra security all around the grounds making sure not one corner was left unwatched. Surveillance teams scattered around their entire neighborhood, taking account of comings and goings of unidentified vehicles.

Kent even secured a new cellular number and phone for Camelia immediately after Nathan Diam's call. 

They recently learned the unknown number he called from could not be identified nor could they trace the location. Hackers and specialists were hired to break down the encryption–surprisingly none of them could crack down the serial code. It was claimed he used a high tech device preventing them from finding one single clue.  

It kept them in a loophole. It only proved how cunning and devious Nathan was in his tactics. It set a alarm in them all. But this time they were going to ready for him.

Undercover men and women posed as students all around campus scouting the area whenever Camelia needed to attend university. Undetectable vehicles filled with the same men and women followed her where ever they went.

No risks were being taken with her safety. It was all Kent's doing she knew.

Deep down she hated it but there was no other choice.  She understood the extreme measures needed to be taken, therefore, extreme precautions were taken. The only choice was accept the circumstance and learn to grow and overcome the hurtles life threw at her.

It was true a bigger part of Camelia was afraid, but another knew she was not powerless.  Other parts were angry, depressed, sad, but those emotions were suspended and as cold as an iceberg within her.  It was easy to succumb to the weakness, but she refused to be broken. 

Yes, it was shocking to be knocked down but she pulled herself together and got right back up. She conquered her doubts and wore them like scars to remember what she endured and how important it was to keep fighting.

Resilience stronger than any form of power and failure was not an option.

Camelia drew in a deep breath and exhaled slowly watching a fog form in the chilly morning and hoisted her heavy backpack higher on her shoulder as she walked side by side with Kent.

He was a constant anchor and motivator, her own personal coach without even knowing it. His presence alone reminded her to stay strong. Whenever he was around she felt safe, cared for, important.

The center of his attention constantly, she felt his heavy stare out of the corners of her eyes. His sky blue gaze watched her not just for her safety but absorbed everything about her. Camelia continued to ignore the hints that he found her desirable and act like his eyes betrayed the emotions he was hiding. She constantly felt the tingling pressure of his scorching gaze dissecting the clothing off her body causing her cheeks to involuntarily flush pink. 

It's as though he had X-Ray vision. And Camelia secretly enjoyed every minute of his attention.

As the days went by, she began to gradually take even better care of her appearance. Deep down she hoped to trigger more outward glances and smoldering looks he tried to disguise behind those glasses he wore.

So far it's been working for her.

Camelia continued to style her hair down, sometimes adding curls, head accessories, or simply adding alluringly smelling hair styling products that left a trail for his nose to pick up. Adding subtle touches to her make-up, making sure she wore nicely tight fitting jeans that emphasized her legs. She traded in her flats for semi-high heels that made her look taller.