Chapter 49- Tale As Old As Time (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"Did he make you uncomfortable?" He asks drawing her into his arms.

Camelia shakes her head.

Stefan takes a deep controlled breath. "He was a pain in the ass.  He called my office several times practically begging me so he could see you. I kind of felt bad for him." He admitted, with a shrug. "Coming from a man's perspective, I understand where he was coming from. He was deeply in love with you, had his life turned upside down, was dragged into a big mess and lost everything in a span of a short time. I can see why he needed the closure. You are one of a kind girl that's hard to forget. As long as I kept a close watch, a few minutes with you wouldn't kill me. I have you for the rest of my life while he has nothing."

Camelia smiled as they swayed to the music. "Stefan, you know something?" She doesn't wait for an answer. "You are the sweetest guy and I'm the luckiest girl in the world. Someone else wouldn't have been so understanding."

"Sometimes I surprise myself."
*****
After mingling with their guests, taking pictures, some more dancing and mingling with their guests, a lavish feast was laid out with Stefan at the head of one of the long, several heavily red draped tables spread across the room.

With a wineglass dangling between his fingers, Camelia sat at his left, where she'll forever be his heart. 

Stefan smiled faintly, watching her creamy complexion change with the sway of the candlelight. With his free hand, he curled her hand over his fingers and lifted it to his lips. He brushed a lingering kiss over her knuckles and held her gaze.

Camelia appeared overwhelmed all night, noticing her plate of food untouched.

"Not hungry?" He murmured.

She scowled. His smile widened.

"You're going to need to keep up your strength, Princess."

His little hint was quite obvious.  "You beast!"

"Oh, you have no idea.  I certainly seem to have all the qualities of a gentleman right now, but the interesting kind that knows when to stop behaving like one." He lowers his voice in the barest whisper.

"Stefan, please don't tease me here of all places and in front of our guests–"

"You begging is tempting my mind and building a inferno ready to combust in my body, Princess."  Stefan stare was smoldering.

A wave of possessiveness washed through him. Her shyness and vulnerability was endearing. He wanted her from the core of his soul.

Camelia blushes from the roots of her hair to the tip of her toes.  She looks away, and bites her red ruby colored lip, her heart beginning to pound. 

"Don't you dare bite your lip again, it's taking all of my strength not to carry you out of this ballroom, undress you and make you scream my name."  Camelia whipped her gaze back to his and gasped, a stirring deep in her middle quickly growing.  "I've waited all these months for you, I don't know how I'm going to make it through the night and we still have a flight to catch later on." He whispers.

"Stop it."  She whispered between clenched teeth.  He was torturing her with desire and embarrassment. Her nipples swelled against the bodice of her wedding dress and her stomach tightened with awareness.

"There is nothing to fear." He whispered into her ear one last time, pulling away from her.  "I promise."

Not a ounce of emotion revealed on his handsome face except for the quick wink he sends her before diverting his attention and conversing with their guests.  No one else seemed to have noticed, though; they were all distracted by each other as they ate. But anyone really paying attention might have understood the naughty things he was whispering in her ear.