Chapter thirty-seven

Start from the beginning

"We need to warn them." I hear Raven's voice. "Did Kane take a radio?"

My breathing hitches and my eyes go wide as I take the radio from Bellamy.

"My dads there?" I ask, panic evident in my voice.

"Sawyer, don't worry. We'll figure something out." Clarke reassures me as I push the radio back to Bellamy and pull at the ends of hair, freaking out.

"If I leave now, I can make it there on time." Clarke's voice comes back on the radio.

Clarke orders us that by the time she gets back, she wants to know our friends are safe and that the acid fog is disabled - which Raven would be taking care of.

"Wait," Bellamy says into the radio. "Before I left, Octavia was in Tondc, is she-"

"She's here." Clarke cuts him off. "She's safe."

"Okay." Bellamy says, a relieved look on his face. "You be safe too."

"I will." Clarke says.

Bellamy turns to me as I purse my lips together.

"He'll be okay." He tells me, reading my mind.

"You don't know that." I say as he sighs.

"Fine." He replies as he takes a step closer to me. "But you'll be okay." He says as I nod in response.

"Whatever happens, we do it together. Just like we said that night in the woods, and that night in the drop ship when I got sick." He tells me softly as I take a deep breath in and out.

I reach up and press my lips to his. His hands reach up and cup my face as his lips move against mine.

"Just incase I don't get the chance to do that again." I whisper as I pull back from him.

"You will." Bellamy's hand remained on my cheek as he looked into my eyes. "I promise."

Chapter thirty-seven
B

Chapter thirty-sevenB

"Talk to me. What do you see?" Raven asks as I climb up the ladder.

Bellamy had managed to blend in with guards to get into the room our friends were being held in. He spoke with Jasper who then told Bellamy to find Dante, the leader of this place. Or the previous leader. Dante's son - Cage - had now taken over this place and Dante was being held captive in a room.

Dante gave us coordinates to follow to buy us more time to save everyone.

"Imagine a bottomless pit." Bellamy tells her from below me. "Did they evacuate Tondc?"

"Dunno yet, but it's Clarke, she'll get it done." Raven tells us as I sigh and pull myself up. My mind was racing with thoughts of my dad and whether he would be alive or not. I was kicking myself for leaving it how I did with him.