Chapter 4

Nagisa awoke to a dark violet sky hidden slightly behind a canopy of tree tops. It was early morning, he estimated probably around 2 or 3 am. His eyes scanned the stars and he sighed. Everything that had happened was so unreal. So unbelievable. He couldn't help but wonder, why him?

Out of the billions of people on this earth, he had been presented, on multiple occasions, with outrageously lucky opportunities. Opportunities that he often felt he was unsuited for. Yet, here he was. Time traveling. He bit his lip when he thought about how many people were do much more deserving of this privilege.

He had been considerably lucky to be a part of E-Class, and even more so to have met Koro Sensei. He felt... Sick. He didn't deserve it. He had done nothing to deserve it. In his opinion, he had done quite the opposite. His own mother had told him hoe much she hated him before he left.

She told him how she never wanted to speak to him again. How he ruined her life. How he would ruin his own life. She had tried to get better. Hell, she even tried to get back with his dad! But that left her with more heartbreak less than a year later, making her worse than before. He felt tears begin to spring to his eyes as he remembered all that she had done to him. That was something he convinced himself he deserved.

He turned to lay on his right side and saw Kayano sleeping next to him. He turned the other way to see Karma. He thought they were much more deserving of this.

Kayano Kaede, or Akari Yukimura, was an actress. An amazing actress. She managed to stay in character for almost a whole school year and she probably would've been able to for longer if it weren't for the tentacles. Painful tentacles that she was able to withstand on her own for a considerable amount of time.

Karma Akabane, was smart. He was also strong. He had the brain to insult people where it hurt the most and the brawn to back himself up. He never needed help from anyone. He was sure of himself. He barely ever started a fight without good reason. He defended the weak. He had defended Nagisa before too, for which Nagisa would always be grateful.

While Nagisa was just... Nagisa. He could find many things about him self that were different and "unique", but not in a good way. He looked like a girl, for one. He was also extremely short and often went unnoticed in a crowd. So much so that you would have to be looking for him specifically to find him and yet, even then, there isn't a guarentee that you ever would.

He thought about his talents, which included assassination. Actually, it was mostly assassination. He had all the skills necessary to get away with murder and, in his mind, it wasn't a good thing. He was sometimes even scared of himself. A talent for killing.

What a freak, He thought.

He silently got up, making sure not to wake them up seeing as it was still dark outside. He knew they were probably tired. He was tired too, but his ever returning insomnia kept him from his much desired rest. His thoughts were often too loud for him to sleep.

He went to the river that lead to the waterfall to wash up. It looked different, but it wasn't a pool yet so that was to be expected. He splashed his face a few times with water and looked at his distorted reflection. He grimaced at his appearance and felt tears well up in his eyes again. He cursed under his breath. Damn his thoughts.

A few tears splashed in the water. He furiously attempted to wipe his face through the silent sobs. One word rang through his mind the whole time.

Pathetic.

He eventually stopped crying, his face was red and the tracks left by the tears were prominant. His eyes burned, a feeling that he was all too familiar with. He washed his face with the freezing water once more.