Chapter 2

He opened his eyes as the brightness of the light began to lessen. The ringing was still there though and it was giving him an almost unbearable headache.

"-gisa!" The ringing in his ears started to fade. "-agisa! Nagisa can you hear me?!" He opened his eyes and squinted at the bright sun. Kayano was shaking him.

"Oh thank god!" She sighed in relief. "You scared me!"

Nagisa blinked a few times. "What...?" Then he remembered everything. "Sorry." He rubbed his head as he stood up. They were no longer on the platform they were on previously.

"Where are we?" Nagisa asked looking around.

"Can't you tell?" Karma gestured dramatically to the building in front of them. "Kunugigaoka junior high! I'm not sure when though..."

A sudden flash of nostalgia hit him as he stared at the large school. He didn't have very good memories in this building. He much preferred the fun memories from the mountain top campus over the memories of stress and pressure. "Should we go in?" Nagisa asked hesitantly, not taking his eyes off the building.

"Well we have to go exploring! We're supposed to see how far the time machine boundaries go. Ritsu estimated that it will probably only let us be inside the city." Kayano explained.

"Ok..." He almost didn't want to go in. Almost. But curiosity got the best of him.

They started walking toward the building's door. It was the door they always used when heading down the mountain for the assembly. The dreaded assembly that took forever to get to and, in the end, wasn't in the least bit worth it. They slowly opened the door and peered inside. It appeared to be the first day of school.

The E class jokes were being thrown around, and the E class didn't look very confident. Then again, who would? They snuck inside to get a better look of things. They recognized some of the kids. In fact, Karma even saw himself! By the look of things, it was the first year.

Nagisa wasn't looking for himself though. He was too busy pitying the E class students of that year. They weren't as lucky as he had been. They wouldn't have an amazing teacher to help them through it.

"I can't stand this." Nagisa whispered.

"Neither can I! This is terrible!" Kayano whispered back.

"Let's just leave." Karma suggested.

The other two nodded and they left as quietly as they had came. When they got outside leaned against the wall by the door.

"You want a drink?" Nagisa offered.

"Sure!" Kayano said.

"I'm a little thirst-" Karma was cut of by the sound of voices and the door opening. The assembly was over. They hid behind the bushes near the vending machine and watched people pass.

That's when a certain blue haired boy walked over to the vending machines and inspected what was there. Nagisa remembered on the first week of school he was alone since he didn't know anyone yet. He was small, he looked like a girl, and he has no friends. Perfect target for bullies.

"Awe, you look so little Nagisa!" Karma whispered with a smirk. "You still are." Nagisa sighed at this but said nothing. He looked back at himself. This was so weird.

Some other guys walked over to Nagisa. They looked his age but their smirks weren't giving off a "let's be friends" vibe. In fact it was quite the opposite.

Nagisa cringed. He knew who they were. Tanaka and Takada. They hated him even before he was in E class. "We should probably leave now."

"Why?" Karma narrowed his eyes.