Chapter 6

I jogged in place in front of my locker as I got ready for my match. Like any other match, not everyone is invited to watch. But since Bambam's my ever supportive friend, he's here.

"Good luck on your match, hyung!" Bambam said for the nth time today. I rolled my eyes at his "GO FENCER WANG" poster but chuckled. It's great to have someone who supports you, you know?

"Now I know you're not that hyped because Mark hyu-"

"I'm hyped, shut up." I stopped him. I didn't want to think about-I don't even wanna think about–ugh I'm gonna stop.

"Okay, sure you are." He gave me a knowing smile. I rolled my eyes at him, once again. I've been doing that too much recently.

"I just wanna know something." He said as I started putting on my attire. I glanced at him and sat down to prepare myself for his questions.

"Why? Like, why are you suddenly denying it? Why are you running away from it?" He asked me with a serious face. I sighed and closed my eyes before I could answer his question. It was easy. I don't want to like him anymore, it's that easy. Or is it really?

"Why can't you answer, hyung? I won't judge or snitch, you know me." He smiled reassuringly. Out of everyone in out group, I trust Bambam the most. But, I don't want him to think differently of Mark hyung just because of this.

"I'm just tired, Bam. I'm tired of chasing someone who doesn't want me to anyways." I answered, half-smiling because it's half true. I AM tired, I'm scared too but he doesn't need to know that.

It's been more than a month since he's been friends with us and things have been great. Everything was normal until...

"Hey Jackson!" Jessica said as she approached me right in front of our building's entrance. I smiled and ran to her. She still looks beautiful as ever, no wonder she was his and Mark hyung's ex.

"How've you been, Jess?"  I asked after we hugged. She smiled warmly and patted my shoulder.

"Fine, same old same old." She answered. She stared at me like she was waiting for me to ask something and I got what it was when Mark hyung showed up. Her eyes snapped to him immediately and I sensed something I shouldn't have.

"Hey Jess, what brings you here?" He asked. Jessica's smile went from warm to very warm when their eyes met. It hurt, so much. Just like how much it hurt back then when she was with H–him.

"Nothing, I just wanted to visit you and maybe grab a drink?" She asked sweetly. Mark hyung glanced at me before he returned his gaze at her.

"Sure. Jackson, do you wanna come with us?" He asked unsurely but gave me a convincing smile. I stared at him and thought about it for atleast 2 seconds.

"Su–"

"Mark, I don't think that'd be good for Jackson." Jessica butted in. I got confused for a split-second and realized what she meant. Either she knows I like Mark hyung or Mark hyung knows about that, which I highly doubt.

"Jess..." Mark hyung started as he gave Jessica a look that obviously meant "Please don't" but Jessica looked unfazed. She actually looked confused. Or maybe she was trying to look confused.

"What? I mean, we're exes. It'd be awkward for him. Right, Jackson?" She said as she gave me a hopeful look. I just smiled and looked at Mark hyung before I spoke up.

"I'm fine, hyung. You guys go have fun." I smiled bitterly as I walked to our building and never looked back. Jessica's a nice person who deserves Mark hyung, who is also a nice person. But then again, that's what I knew. It's different from the truth.

"GO FENCER WAAAAANG!" Yugyeom yelled at the top of his lungs as I got out of the sides of our gymnasium. I stared at their seats and realized that he really wasn't there, of course. He never comes, I always end up with a note from him (delivered by Jessica) saying "I have plans today. Sorry J.   -M".

So he has time to ask Jessica to hand me a note to say he has plans but he can't even peek at my matches? Wow I sound so bitter, who am I?! Maybe his plans are with Jessica. Yeah. It probably is, right? Who am I even talking to?!

My thoughts were interrupted when they announced me as the winner. I find it weird how even when I'm deep in thought, I still end up winning.

"Hyung, you were so good!" Youngjae said as they ran to me. I just smiled at him and pushed his head away as he laughed wholeheartedly with Jaebeom hyung staring at him lovingly.

I sighed and stared at the sides and stopped when I saw a red-haired guy walking out. I figured I was imagining things so I shrugged it off and put my arm around Yugyeom and Bambam as we walked out to celebrate.

"Oh Mark hyung!" Yugyeom yelled out of nowhere and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Stop it, Yugyeom." I said as I continued walking, leaving them. I stopped when I realized that they weren't following me at all, so I looked back at them and was shocked with what I saw.

It was Mark. But with someone else. Someone I know. Not Jessica. That would've been easier. Less painful. But he was with him. The man who broke me. My entire being. The reason why I am who I am and why I'm not who I was.

"Jacks."

"What are you doing here?" I asked, still at the same distance from him. He sighed and walk forward, I stepped backwards and flinched. Mark grabbed his arm to stop him and he did, as if he knows that Mark is right. But the question is how?

Little did I know that I never should've asked. I guess, curiosity does kill. Not literally but you know what I mean.